Topic: Flickr Group Photo Order

I've noticed that regardless of Flickr Sort order chosen in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (ver. 1.3.0) for a Flickr Group ID that my photos always show up in the same order. I've choosen DATE-POSTED-DESC and when I change the Date posted to Flickr they do not resort in Flickr either. I am Admin. for the Flickr group. After changing the Flickr Short I'm choosing "Load Images" in JBP.

Ideally I would like to pull in photos from a Flickr group (public/invitation only) so that myself and another person can include photos and have them show up in my slideshow, while being able to determine their order. When changing the photos metadata in Flickr and nothing happening in Flickr I'm starting to think order by Date Posted to Flickr is not working on Flickr's end.

Re: Flickr Group Photo Order

As I read more in Flickr it's appearing that group photos can not be rearranged, regardless of changing the photo's metadata in Flickr, bummer. I was hoping there was a workaround.

Having learned this, is there a way to combine two Flickr Sets from two Flickr Group Id's?

Looking at these Flickr forum posts, it looks like it is not possible to create Sets within Groups:
http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/27432/
http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/ … 081504521/
http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/74316/

4 (edited by AlaskaDave 2013-04-18 00:35:22)

AlaskaDave wrote:

As I read more in Flickr it's appearing that group photos can not be rearranged, regardless of changing the photo's metadata in Flickr, bummer. I was hoping there was a workaround.

Having learned this, is there a way to combine two Flickr Sets from two Flickr Group Id's?

Let me rephrase that, using JuiceBox Pro can I pull in the photos from two Flickr Sets? I tried by adding two Flickr Sets and it would only recognize the first set, I'm guessing not.

If I had photos being pulled from the complete stream and set it to pull a certain keyword, how long does it take for photos to show up when new photos are added using that keyword?

using JuiceBox Pro can I pull in the photos from two Flickr Sets

No. Juicebox-Pro accepts only one instance of each configuration option (including flickrSetId).

If I had photos being pulled from the complete stream and set it to pull a certain keyword, how long does it take for photos to show up when new photos are added using that keyword?

If you tag images in Flickr, it can take a while for the tags to propagate fully through Flickr's system in order for the images to show up in API searches (such as that performed by Juicebox to fetch the images from Flickr's servers).
According to the Flickr FAQ on this web page:

it shouldn't take more than a few days until your photos appear in searches, groups, etc.

It may take 'a few days' as a worst case scenario but at the other extreme, I have tagged images and had them show up in galleries within minutes.