Topic: weird blue box shows up on slideshow

Please take a look at my slideshow. If you click the right nav button, the photos advance just fine until about the 3rd photo when a light blue box shows up on the left half of the screen. It does it one other place as well. http://www.elevenshadows.com/BOTwebsite … hotos.html

Any ideas? Thanks!!!!

Re: weird blue box shows up on slideshow

I do not see the blue box when viewing your gallery in Firefox 12, IE9, Safari 5.1.7 and Chrome 19 on my PC.
What platform (Mac/Windows) do you use and what browser(s) do you see this in?
Would you be able to take a screenshot and upload it somewhere so that I could see what you are seeing?

It sounds like it might be an element on your web page that has been selected. For example, try drawing a box around the menu on your page. Left-click somewhere to the top-left of the word 'Biography', drag your mouse down to the bottom-right of the words 'Links we dig' and release your mouse-click. You should see the menu items highlighted with blue boxes.

Apparently nobody else is seeing the box but me - I'm on a Mac using Safari. I tested it on a PC with IE today and it looked fine. I'll test the theory about the element being highlighted. Thanks for looking! If I can reproduce it again I'll post a screenshot if I can.

I've had what I believe are similar problems (Firefox on a PC). What seems to encourage this behavior - for me - is slowly pressing a mouse button, to navigate to the next or prior image using the navigation buttons. Using the keyboard left- and right-arrow keys does not seem to generate the problem.

Bill

I was hoping that this issue might have been addressed in the new release, but it doesn't appear to be. Let me provide some additional detail:

1) I'm running 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2. (I'm guessing that the OS is not relevant, but I'm including it for completeness.)

2) I have the latest versions of Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera, and Safari, but can only - and repeatedly - duplicate this problem using Firefox (first noticed on 12, and still present on 13.0.1).

3) I have Control Panel -> Mouse Properties -> Activities -> Double-click speed set to Slow, i.e., the absolute left-most position of that speed slider, for my Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000.

4) I cannot duplicate this problem using the right-arrow key or by clicking on the image or the space to the right of the image.

5) I cannot duplicate this problem by using the left-arrow key, or by clicking on the image or the space to the left of the image, or by using the Prior navigation button (all after pressing the End key, to give me some pictures to work with in the Prior direction).

So, this appears to be a Firefox problem, but I'm detailing this in case there's any way you can code around it.

What happens, then, is this:

If I'm looking at a gallery in Large mode on my Vista PC, using Firefox, with a double-click speed at its slowest, and clicking on the Next navigation button (and clicking in a physically slow manner), after four or five or six images, the entire image will appear to have been selected, i.e., have a light-blue cast to it. Subsequent images may or may not have this same problem.

(So, after an initial click on the image or the space to its right, what I wind up doing is using the right-arrow key to browse a gallery. I prefer the keyboard, anyway, and the "select"-like problem does not manifest itself using the right-arrow key; I'm guessing that's the case because the keyboard probably generates more discreet and quicker signals than the mouse button.)

As I say - and given these conditions - I can reproduce this situation fairly easily, not too much patience required. You have any thoughts on this?

Bill

The blue area sounds like the invisible image nav button being selected. We have this bug in our queue.

Felix wrote:

The blue area sounds like the invisible image nav button being selected. We have this bug in our queue.

Okay, thanks.

In case anyone was wondering, this is still an issue (at least for me, using the slowest double-click speed setting, physically slow clicking, no arrow-key use, Firefox only [now 14.0.1], after three or four or five mouse clicks), i.e., the changes made for 1.1.1 did not happen to have a salutary side-effect in this regard. (And I cleared the cache, etc., before attempting this, and also re-verified that I can't duplicate this with IE, Opera, Chrome, or Safari.)

Related to this, I can't find a "known issues" list anywhere for JB Pro. Steven or Felix: do you think this would be a worthwhile addition to, say, the FAQ area?

[Unrelated to this: I used my jbcore script - http://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=147 - earlier today, and updating c. 50 galleries with it continued to be quick and painless.]

Cheers,

Bill P.

Unfortunately, this bug was not fixed in v1.1.1 but it has been logged and will be addressed.
For a full list of bugs which have been fixed in v1.1.1, please see the Juicebox - Version History.

OK, thanks.

This problem seems to have been fixed in 1.2.0.

Bill

Yes. This bug was fixed in v1.2.0.

FIXED - Blue Selected Area on User Nav

Please see the Juicebox - Version History for a full list of changes.

I am glad that you are no longer seeing this issue.
Thank you for reporting back.