Topic: Thumbs paging text language

The text applied by JBox Pro for the thumbs paging text is English only (the word ; 'of').  How might I change that?

Re: Thumbs paging text language

Unfortunately, the Thumb Paging Text is hardcoded within the 'juicebox.js' JavaScript file which is obfuscated and cannot be modified.

Thanks Steven.

Seems like a shame to expect everyone to use, or understand English for such a small part of the app.  '1 / 59'  is fine for most people instead of '1 of 59'.

Can I request the above change, if enabling a choice of wording is not on the cards ?

We will add the ability to translate all the text in the Juicebox gallery UI, including the thumb paging text, in the next version.

Just upgraded to 1.3 - and experienced the very same problem with incomplete localization.

But I'm wondering: the Juicebox page http://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/icons/ points to a French localization. And below the thumbs there can be read "1 des 2" which is French!! (How could this be done if the option is obfuscated within juicebox.js??

So you make us believe that with 1.3 even the thumbs' paging text could be translated which is not true.

But why wait till a next version for this tiny bit of change? It really is annoying if a feature was not implemented completely. So I'd like to ask you if you cannot implement it earlier?

This feature is now available in Juicebox-Pro v1.3.0.
Use the languageList configuration option. Please see here for details.

For example, if you simply wanted to change only the thumb paging text from 'of' to 'des', then use the following:

languageList="Show Thumbnails|Hide Thumbnails|Expand Gallery|Close Gallery|Open Image in New Window|Next Image|Previous Image|Play Audio|Pause Audio|Show Information|Hide Information|Start AutoPlay|Stop AutoPlay|AutoPlay ON|AutoPlay OFF|Go Back|Buy this Image|Share on Facebook|Share on Twitter|Share on Google+|Share on Pinterest|Share on Tumblr|des"

That is great news!! (Just tested it: works great.)
Thanks a lot, Steven, for making this accessible. I very much appreciate your assistance!

I can't find this option in JuiceBox Builder Pro.  Does this mean that you expect us to manually edit the config file? If so, you'll have to provide a much clearer example that the above, e.g where does this text go and how do I know what to write?

The languageList option is not featured in the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro interface.
It must be added to the list of configuration options in your gallery either in the XML file (as an attribute to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag) or within the embedding code (as documented here).
For example, in the 'config.xml' file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<juiceboxgallery
    galleryTitle="Juicebox-Pro Gallery"
    languageList="Show Thumbnails|Hide Thumbnails|Expand Gallery|Close Gallery|Open Image in New Window|Next Image|Previous Image|Play Audio|Pause Audio|Show Information|Hide Information|Start AutoPlay|Stop AutoPlay|AutoPlay ON|AutoPlay OFF|Go Back|Buy this Image|Share on Facebook|Share on Twitter|Share on Google+|Share on Pinterest|Share on Tumblr|of"
>
    <image imageURL="images/image1.jpeg"
    thumbURL="thumbs/image1.jpeg"
    linkURL="images/image1.jpeg"
    linkTarget="_blank">
        <title><![CDATA[]]></title>
        <caption><![CDATA[]]></caption>
    </image>
</juiceboxgallery>

.. or in your gallery's embedding code:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
    new juicebox({
        containerId: 'juicebox-container',
        languageList: 'Show Thumbnails|Hide Thumbnails|Expand Gallery|Close Gallery|Open Image in New Window|Next Image|Previous Image|Play Audio|Pause Audio|Show Information|Hide Information|Start AutoPlay|Stop AutoPlay|AutoPlay ON|AutoPlay OFF|Go Back|Buy this Image|Share on Facebook|Share on Twitter|Share on Google+|Share on Pinterest|Share on Tumblr|of'
    });
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

Change the text you would like to customize within the list leaving all other elements the same (elements should be separated from each other by the | character).
For example, if you wanted to change the tooltip text for the Open Image button from 'Open Image in New Window' to 'Click to view image' then you would use the string:

Show Thumbnails|Hide Thumbnails|Expand Gallery|Close Gallery|Click to view image|Next Image|Previous Image|Play Audio|Pause Audio|Show Information|Hide Information|Start AutoPlay|Stop AutoPlay|AutoPlay ON|AutoPlay OFF|Go Back|Buy this Image|Share on Facebook|Share on Twitter|Share on Google+|Share on Pinterest|Share on Tumblr|of