1 (edited by noidone 2013-02-11 16:47:19)

Topic: Problems popping up galleries in Chrome and Safari

Firefox works fine but it looks like Chrome and Safari can't display the galleries they are supposed to.

http://tryhardernyc.net/trystuff.html

Click on the 4th picture (in chrome/safari) and no gallery shows up. But then you click on the 3rd image and it displays the gallery from the 4th and sometimes it doesn't display anything until you click on the first two. It does the same here:
http://tryhardernyc.net/disposables.html

In firefox, the galleries display correctly. Now I'm not sure if it's the juicebox code that is incorrect or chrome/safari just doesn't like my "code" for the jquery maybe?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Problems popping up galleries in Chrome and Safari

Try updating the version of jQuery that you include in your web page. You currently use jQuery v1.5.2 and the latest version is v1.9.1.
Try also updating your version of jQuery UI from v1.8.24 to v1.10.0.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply. I have updated the jquery libs on both pages and I'm still seeing the issue. You click the 3rd thumbnail and it brings the gallery from the 4th. and the 4th gallery doesn't show anything. ID's are different, as well as the div id's that get called from the jquery. I'm beginning to think that there is something wrong with multiple galleries because the 1st two in the thumbnail group appear fine. Whenever I add a 3rd and a 4th I run into these problems. Is there something I have to do in order to have more than 2 galleries loaded on the page? I have them hidden with divs, and then whenever someone clicks on the gallery it displays the block and then it shows up inside the jquery dialog. Is this bad practice ? (maybe it is?). I just don't understand how it works with no problems in firefox but then safari and chrome just fail to show the correct galleries (or fail to show the galleries at all!) It's a bit frustrating.

Thanks and really appreciate the help on this.

noidone: I checked your pages using the W3C CSS Validator -- http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ -- and both of them have assorted CSS errors (at least according to W3C). They both are deemed okay in terms of HTML ( http://validator.w3.org/ ). I'm not even close to being a CSS expert, but you may want to look at those reported errors yourself.

Cheers,

Bill

5 (edited by noidone 2013-02-12 04:12:03)

Thank you Bill for the reply!

I have fixed the errors reported by the CSS validator. Thanks  I forgot to check that one!

As for the issue, it still remains. The jquery dialog pops up a different gallery or no gallery at all after the 2nd gallery.

Again, this only happens in chrome and safari. In firefox, the jquery dialog loads the correct gallery.

Is there something I have to do in order to have more than 2 galleries loaded on the page?

In theory, there is no limit to the number of Juicebox galleries you can have on a single page (and there is nothing special you need to do to embed multiple galleries on a single page).

I have them hidden with divs, and then whenever someone clicks on the gallery it displays the block and then it shows up inside the jquery dialog. Is this bad practice ? (maybe it is?).

This sounds like a valid way to hide and show specific divs but if your current method does not work cross-browser, you might like to try implementing the showGallery() Juicebox-Pro API method to hide and show multiple galleries.

I just don't understand how it works with no problems in firefox but then safari and chrome just fail to show the correct galleries (or fail to show the galleries at all!) It's a bit frustrating.

It would be great if everything worked consistently across all browsers but, unfortunately, things often do not work out this way.

Thanks for the reply Steven.

I will try the Juicebox-Pro API showGallery() function and apply it to the jquery dialog.

I'm in the process of rebuilding the website from scratch (I was customizing a theme).

I agree about consistency.  I will let you know how it goes. Thanks!