Topic: Large collections with multiple galleries

I manage a website with roughly 34,000 images contained in several hundred galleries.  The site was originally constructed using SlideShowPro, and I have written code that allows JuiceBox to dynamically load the galleries from the SSP server.  It works very well, I like your product a lot and am planning to purchase the Pro version.

I would like any advice you can offer about how to handle multiple nested galleries.  To enable users to easily locate the images they are looking for, my site is organized in a "year - category - event - performer" hierarchy, sometimes with as many as five levels of menus.  I've searched through all the documentation for your products, but have not seen any support for nested subdirectories beyond a single level.

Showkase doesn't seem to have more than one level of nesting either, and I want the galleries to be displayed as thumbnails rather than in the directory tree structure offered by SV Manager.  (I didn't like the way the SV Manager tree structure overlaid on the Juicebox gallery page, either).

To date, I've been manually creating the directory structure using HTML.  This results in the look I need and the gallery pages load very quickly, but it's tedious and time consuming.  Are there any plans for JuiceBox to offer expanded support for large collections of images?

Thank you.
Derrick

Re: Large collections with multiple galleries

Currently, the only automated method of creating multi-level nested Juicebox galleries is with jAlbum and the Juicebox skin.
You would be able to drag and drop an entire folder structure into jAlbum's main window and click 'Make Album'.
The resulting album would have a separate Juicebox gallery for each and every folder/subfolder in your input structure and all the galleries would be linked together via a JavaScript navigation tree.
In theory, there is no limit to the number of levels that the skin can handle.