Topic: using small gallery mode but bypassing the splash page completely

It would lend max functionality to the site I am working on if I was able to have my gallery open without thumbnails ( as itr does now - www.philipchudy.com)  - but when hitting the thumbnails button one would have just a full page of thumbnails.

Clicking one of those thumbnails would take them back to the full screen view of that image.

I almost get that if I force the gallery into 'small page mode' except that I get a splash page when it stars out - rather than the first image filling the page sans thumbnails.  When I remove all entries to the splash page it still opens to a blank splash page window, from which one cannot navigate.

Is there any way I can disable the splash page completely?

It would be good of course to be able to save a template for this but for now it would be acceptable to edit the scripting if it is possible

-------------------------------------background to the thinking behind this:

Ideally I would prefer a row of scrolling thumbnails - which would permit a site visitor to scan the entire gallery contents quickly (as well as get an instant snapshot perspective of the full contents of the gallery if they dont have time to go through the images one at a time).

There is too much clicking back and forth and it is too much hard work even with 2 -3 rows of thumbnails if they are returning to the site to find a specific image.  I tried myself to find an image with someone standing behind me yesterday and and it left me with vertigo - not to say feeling rather small (I should know what the content is of my own site) not to have been able to take someone to a specific image quickly.

Flashing between a full page thumbnail overview of the gallery and a full page view is another pretty functional configuration in navigation terms, permitting both attention to the pictures one at a time while not leaving the viewer lost in terms of what else is on offer.

As things stand, configuring say 5 rows of thumbnails does not work - they dont return one to full page view and if the page is small enough, the thumbnails eventually are bigger than the big view image which is even more confusing

Re: using small gallery mode but bypassing the splash page completely

Is there any way I can disable the splash page completely?

Set showSplashPage="NEVER" in your gallery's XML file.
If creating or editing your gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, the 'Show Splash Page' configuration option can be found in the 'Customize -> Splash Page' section.

thanks for that - funny, I was turning the splash page setting to never yesterday and for some reason it was not working.

I am almost where I want to be. Now that I have forced the gallery to small mode and dispensed with the splash page I am finding that the gallery opens with a page of thumbnails.

How can I get  the initial state to be a 'full page view of the first image' rather than the page of thumbs?

sorry if I am missing something basic

Oh - there is one last thing  - having forced small screen view the image transition for the individual full page images now defaults to 'slide'. Setting it to 'none' has no effect. Can I change this in the code?  Thanks

No. The imageTransitionType configuration option is active in Large Screen Mode only (as noted in the options's description in the Main Images section of the 'Config Options' page).
In Small Screen Mode, the imageTransitionType is always set to the default value of 'SLIDE'.