Topic: Problem with Gallery Manager

I am using Juicebox Pro 1.2 with Wordpress 3.5.1

I have 274 Juicebox galleries, but can only access the last 48.  There is no "page 2", etc.  How do I get to the other ones?

Also, I just went to add a gallery through WordPress add post and the Juicebox dialog indicated that I would be creating gallery #69.  I cancelled that because I did not want to overwrite gallery 69, which had been created previously and was associated with a different post.

Any ideas & explanations would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Problem with Gallery Manager

Never mind about the Gallery ID issue, I solved that.  Somehow the Wordpress options value for juicebox got out of sync.  I manually edited that and it's all good, now.

Somehow the Wordpress options value for juicebox got out of sync.

I do not know how that could have happened. WP-Juicebox uses an incremental counter to keep track of the last Gallery Id used and simply adds 1 each time a new gallery is created. (It does not try to fill in gaps and reuse Gallery Ids when individual galleries are deleted.)
However, I am glad that you have been able to fix your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

That was the easy part, Steven, and thanks for getting back to me.

Do you have any insight on the first question, as to why I am limited to only seeing 48 of my 274 galleries listed in the Gallery Manager?  Thanks!

On the 'Manage Galleries' page, WP-Juicebox lists all XML files that it finds in the 'wp-content/uploads/juicebox/' folder. If there are more galleries than will fit in your browser window, you shjould be able to scroll down to see the rest.
Take a look in the 'wp-content/uploads/juicebox/' folder to check that there are, indeed, 274 XML files.
Also, if you have manually edited any of the XML files, make sure that when you resave them, you use a lowercase '.xml' file extension.

6 (edited by skippix 2013-01-08 22:01:38)

Just checked the folder and there are 274 files, all with a lowercase xml extension.  In the Gallery Manager, it only shows 20 rows before I have to scroll.  With scrolling I can only see 48.

My guess is that something is kicking it out of the loop before it reads through all the returned rows, but I'm not a strong enough programmer to solve that...

It took a bit of hacking around, but I found that the problem was an old post that had two Juicebox gallery embeds.  The Juicebox Gallery Manager was choking on processing the page and that was why the listing was truncated.  Once I removed the second embed, the Gallery Manager started behaving normally.

I am glad that you have been able to find and fix your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.