1 (edited by emilio.crignola 2024-01-31 19:02:19)

Topic: Adding new images to existing albums with mac OS 14.3 Sonora

Last time I added some new images to my albums 4 weeks ago, no problem. Today, maybe after upgrading to OS 14.3 Sonora, choosen images are not loaded, no way to add pics

Re: Adding new images to existing albums with mac OS 14.3 Sonora

That sounds odd.
If neither AIR (the platform on which JuiceboxBuilder-Pro runs) nor JuiceboxBuilder-Pro itself have changed, then I'm really not sure why the functionality of the application should have changed.
An OS upgrade could prevent JuiceboxBuilder-Pro from running (we've seen that before with the need to use Rosetta, for example) but, assuming the application runs OK, then I would expect it to work OK, too.

What exactly happens (or does not happen) when you drag and drop an image onto the drag and drop area on the images panel? Does anything happen at all? Does the image processing progress bar appear? Does the new image appear in the thumbnail grid but not in the gallery itself?

Have you tried adding an image via the 'Browse...' button instead of dragging and dropping? Do you get the same results?

Have you tried adding images from different sources to see if maybe the images themselves are causing a problem?

Could you please also try with JuiceboxBuilder-Lite to see if the same thing happens?
I expect the same thing will happen (JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro share a lot of the same code) but it might help to troubleshoot the problem (to see if there is perhaps something wrong with your JuiceboxBuilder-Pro installation).
You can download JuiceboxBuilder-Lite from our download page here.
(JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro can both be installed and run on the same computer at the same time.)

Have you tried temporarily turning off any security software that you might have installed in case this is somehow interfering with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's functionality? In the past, aggressive real-time protection from AVG, Avast and Norton has been known to cause problems. (There are no known problems at present, though.)
(Please turn off any security software at your own risk and make sure that you disconnect from the internet first.)

Finally, please confirm the version numbers of JuicboxBuilder-Pro and AIR that you are currently using. It might help to know which versions you are using. Thank you.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on as I don't have access to a Mac running Sonora.
Unfortunately, I don't have a quick fix for this (no-one else has reported this problem and I cannot replicate it myself) but maybe with a little more information, we can work through this.

Hello Steven

I answered your post a couple of hours ago, but somehow it didn't pass. Thus, again: thanks for your time and long answer to my post. Pics didn't load into Juicebox using the browse function (what I do usually), nor dragging them from the appropriate folder. The image processing bar appeared, but didn't show any progress.

Thanks to your hints I just tried adding pics to the album I was working on that actually shouldn't go in there, and it worked. I then tried again with the pics I had wanted to add yesterday, which didn't work, again. I then realized that those were photos taken with my secondhand iPhone 11, and only those couldn't be added using Juicebox. Thus, I opened and saved the images again with Gimp, and after this procedure Juicebox was able to load them! Maybe because the iPhone 11 was set by default to take pics in the live view modus, which actually means taking a series of pictures and not single ones?

With many thanks and my best regards

Emilio Crignola

P.S.: I also followed your suggestion to download Juicebox lite and give it a try, but no way I was able to open it!

Thank you very much for your reply.
Your troubleshooting certainly seems to have found the cause of your problem.

I'm glad you've found a workaround but JuicboxBuilder-Pro really shouldn't choke on an image. It should either load OK or give a clear message that the image is not compatible (for whatever reason), not show the progress bar and then do nothing afterwards.

Is there any chance you could perhaps email me one of your source images (at steven@juicebox.net) so that I can try to replicate the problem myself?
I might not be able to resolve the problem directly but I could at least log a detailed bug report with the developers for a potential future fix.
Thank you.

P.S.: I also followed your suggestion to download Juicebox lite and give it a try, but no way I was able to open it!

That's weird. The installation and operating instructions for JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro are identical (only a few settings within the programs differ) and you should be able to install and run both on the same computer without any problems.
In any case, I'm glad JuiceboxBuilder-Pro is still running fine on your machine and that you now know how you can use your iPhone 11 pics.

Hello Steven

I try to send you an image I took a couple of minutes ago in the iPhone Live mode, no idea if it works this way.

[img]/Users/Crignola/Milo/Aufnahmen/Webseite-Hilfsmittel/Webseitenerstellung/IMG_0433.HEIC[/img]

Your image was not attached to your post but thanks for trying.
I tried adding a HEIC image (from a different source) to a JuiceboxBuilder-Pro gallery and the following message popped up (as expected).

File 'image1.heic' ignored. Images must be in JPG, PNG or GIF format.

I didn't see the image processing bar like you reported.

I'm not sure exactly what happened but it looks like I might not be able to replicate the problem unless I add the actual files that you tried to add to your gallery.
If you're happy with things the way they are and would rather just move on, then that's absolutely fine but if you are willing to pursue this (to allow me to try to figure out why the image processing bar appears and then stalls), then maybe you could just zip the files that caused you the problem and email them to me (steven@juicebox.net).
Either way is fine. Thanks!