Topic: JBPro won't launch on Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)?

I cannot get JuiceBox to launch on Sonoma.

I have tried to load the earlier version 33 of Adobe AIR but it reports that a later version is already installed and won't over-write.

I have searched all over the Mac and cannot find this later version of Adobe AIR.
Does anyone know where this may be installed?

Has anyone managed to get JBPro to run in Sonoma?

Re: JBPro won't launch on Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)?

What's the actual error message you're getting?

Also, what version of AIR do you currently have installed?

Are you able to uninstall your current version of AIR before installing v33.1.1.744?

I'm not sure if this is still relevant, but according to this web page:

Remove the runtime on a Mac computer

Double-click the “Adobe AIR Uninstaller”, which is located in the /Applications/Utilities folder.

If you can't uninstall your current version of AIR, maybe you could upgrade AIR first (to v50.2.4.1) in order to uninstall it?
Seems like a roundabout way to do things but if things aren't working at the moment, it might be worth a try.

Both AIR v33.1.1.744 and AIR v50.2.4.1 can be found on Harman's download page here.

Also, are you using Rosetta 2?

Sorry for all the questions but a little more information might help to pinpoint the cause of the problem.

In the meantime, maybe a Sonoma user can chime in with some useful info...

3 (edited by Ann 2023-12-22 02:48:37)

Steve:

Thank you for your very quick response.
You suggested exactly the right remedy: Rosetta!
I had entirely forgotten that requirement for JuiceBox.

I had recently installed M1 Macs and had migrated all my files and apps over to them but the Rosetta setting did not come over.

I have now got JBPro running on one M1 Mac and will now go and make the change to Rosetta on the other one.

Thank you again for your invaluable help.

Ann

Both Macs will now run JBPro!!

I'm glad you've got it working (and happy to hear it was a relatively easy solution).
Thanks for letting me know.

Happy holidays!