Topic: Juicebox does not recognise its own saved galleries.

Cannot induce JB-Pro to recognise its own saved galleries.  'Open Gallery' shows correct folder but only subfolder icons -  nothing  else.  File Explorer shows everything, including the saved galleries that it will open directly in a browser but not in JB.

Re: Juicebox does not recognise its own saved galleries.

Please take a look at this forum post entitled "Instructions to open an existing gallery in JuiceboxBuilder": https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5191

Hopefully it will help.

3 (edited by m.halley 2023-11-27 11:53:58)

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately when "Open Gallery" is clicked it opens the gallery folder but only shows; 'images', 'jbcore' and 'thumbs'. No gallery name or sub-folder is in view.

I can, however, show the gallery folders via File explorer and open any of them using Firefox.  But they are not capable of being editied if opened by this route.

I have a suspicion that this might be a conflict with the latest version of Windows 11.  Right now I am at a standstill until I resolve this issue and can then move on to setting up a new web site and engaging with ShowKase.

Unfortunately when "Open Gallery" is clicked it opens the gallery folder but only shows; 'images', 'jbcore' and 'thumbs'. No gallery name or sub-folder is in view.

That's normal. Once you have selected the gallery folder (and the subfolders are in view), just click the 'Select Folder' button to open the gallery.

The 'Select Gallery Folder...' selection window is a directory chooser (not a file chooser) so you'll not see any files (or a gallery name).

Just highlight the gallery folder name (the folder containing the gallery's 'config.xml' file) and click 'Select Folder' (or double-click the gallery folder name and click 'Select Folder) and the gallery will open.

No Cure I am afraid.  So I made a comprehensive summary of EXACTLY what I did:

Downloaded:    JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
Installed as:    "C:\Program Files (x86)\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.exe"

Created a Desktop Shortcut which opened the intial "To get started, . . ." page

Clicked on:    "New Gallery" button
Presented with a new page that included "DROP IMAGES HERE"

Clicked:    "Browse" . > Opened File Explorer.
Selected:    4 png files, each 720 x 1080 pixels
Hit Enter:
Screen Showed the four images as square thumbnails
Clicked on the first  which brought up a Pop-up (Title, Caption, Link)
Added Titles:    "Hello Everyone"; "1","2" & "3"

Clicked:    "Customize"
Clicked on    "Gallery Title" and inserted "Trial 1000".
Hit "Enter" and a working Gallery showed up in the working area

Left all other Customizations alone

Clicked on:    "Publish" which brought up "Save Gallery"

Gallery Folder Box showed;     C.\Users\[my user name]\Desktop\JUICEBOX GALLERY
Index Page Name showed:     index.html            

Clicked on "SAVE" button

Got a pop-up "Overwrite Folder?" message. Clicked "No"
Went back and changed Index.html to index1000.html (No folder with name 1000 had been entered or existed)
Got the "Overwrite Folder" message again.
Clicked on "Yes"
Nothing seemed to happen (But File Explorer showed that index1000.html had been saved)

Quit Programme

Re-opened Programme from Desktop shortcut

Clicked on:    "Open Gallery"
New Screen:    Address: Desktop > JUICEBOX GALLERY
        Showed three folder icons - images, jbcore, thumbs.
        "Select Folder"
        "Cancel"           

Clicked on:    "Select Folder"

Programme returned to "To get started, . . . " page.

Nothing would open the saved gallery.

Opened Windows 11 File Explorer.
Navigated to: C.\Users\[my user name]\Desktop\JUICEBOX GALLERY
Screen showed:   
        Folder Icons:      images, jbcore, thumbs
        Files:        config.xml, index.html, desktop.ini
                Trial 1000 (but with no file type suffix)

Clicked on Trial 100 - nothing happened
Double-clicked on Trial 1000 - Invitied to select programme (app) with which to open it.
Selected: JuiceBox-Pro.exe
Returned me to the start page "To get started"
Clicked on "Open Gallery"
Page opened showing just the three icon folders - images, jbcore and thumbs plus "Slect Gallery" which just returned me to the opening page "To get started"
WHERE DID I GO WRONG?

Post's attachments

Screen Save.jpg 120.49 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Trial 1000 (but with no file type suffix)

I'm not sure what that is... JuiceboxBuilder stores the Gallery Title (entered on the Customize panel) as an entry in the gallery's 'config.xml' file. There should be no file inside the gallery folder with the Gallery Title as its filename (and with no file extension). I don't even think it's possible for JuiceboxBuilder to create such a file.

Looking at your screenshot, as long as your gallery folder contains a valid 'config.xml' file (which won't show up in the 'Select Gallery Folder...' dialog), the gallery should open if you just click the 'Select Folder' button (as your gallery folder has already been selected in the screenshot).

I think I'm going to need to get hands-on in order to troubleshoot your problem further.
The instructions here really ought to work fine: https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5191

Please zip your gallery folder, upload it somewhere and provide a link so that I can check it out and see if I can replicate your problem. (This would also allow me to investigate the strange 'Trial 1000' file.)

In the meantime, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or security software that you might have installed in case this is somehow interfering with JuiceboxBuilder's functionality. (Please do so at your own risk and be sure to disconnect from the internet first.)

I'm losing the will to live, so let's go hands on.

Once I've got access to your gallery folder, I'll at least be able to determine whether the problem is with your gallery or your system. It'll be one step closer to figuring out what's going on.