Topic: External URLs not found

I've had JB Pro for quite a few years but only now decided to do something requiring an external URL.  I wanted to add a splash page.

I figured just put the image on the directory where the index.html (and config and debug) is and put the name of the file there.  When that didn't work I tried to put the file in every other directory that made any sense, e.g. jbcore.  But JB still doesn't find the file.

I tried setting up an audio with the same result.  It can't find my files.  I didn't try an absolute path because that would then break when uploading to the server (I'm developing locally).

So, my question is how do I reference the path of my file to get JB Pro to find it?

Thanks so much.

Re: External URLs not found

You should be able to use a relative path for assets like a Splash Page image or an audio track.
If you just use the regular gallery structure and embedding code (nothing fancy), then you should be able to just upload the file in question to the gallery folder (alongside the 'index.html' and 'config.xml' files) and then just use the filename as the path, e.g.:

splashImageUrl="IMG_9999.jpg"

... or:

audioUrlMp3="track-01.mp3"

Take care with case sensitivity (uppercase vs lowercase), especially with filename extensions as, on a web server, 'abcdef.jpg' is not the same as 'abcdef.JPG'.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please upload the gallery (if possible) and post a link so that I can see the problem for myself. (Or perhaps zip the gallery folder, upload it somewhere and send me a download link.)
Once I'm able to see the problem for myself, I should be able to determine the exact cause of the problem and propose a solution.
Thank you.

Well, I'm feeling foolish.  I pulled in a small presentation and set it up the same way, with the same result, it didn't work.  So, I zipped it all up and put it on a server where you could get it.  And then, to make sure I got it all correct, I unzipped it.  And, it worked!

After some dinking around I find that it does NOT work in the preview inside JB, when in the Customize tab.  I apparently never tried it locally in a browser; it works properly there.

Thanks again, and I'm sorry for the bother.

And, btw, of course it doesn't work in the preview, I should have thought of that.  Doh.

Ah, I went to work on development and found that, in a browser, if I just refresh it, the splash page doesn't work.  If I open the presentation in a new browser tab, it works.  So maybe that's what I did yesterday, I only refreshed the browser tab.  It works the same on a server after upload.

This isn't a problem once I know about it.

And, btw, of course it doesn't work in the preview...

Yes. Unfortunately, the preview is not 100% perfect, as noted in the Known Issues section of the JuiceboxBuilder User Guide.

The Customize panel live gallery preview may not render all elements with 100% fidelity (for example thumbnail frames and drop-shadows). To get a more accurate preview do Gallery -> Preview.

Thanks for the updates. I'm glad you're making progress!