1 (edited by petax 2023-03-15 13:25:46)

Topic: Lightroom Plugin not installing- LR 12.2.1 . M1 - Ventura [SOLVED]

Hi,

I can't get the plugin to work with Lightroom Classic Vs 12.2.1 . M1 - Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68).

I put it in the plugin folder, double click on it, Lightroom offers to restart to activate plugin, but then says that it can't find it in the Library Directory, Application Support/adobe/Lightroom/web galleries.

I put. it in manually, and it just disappears from the libraries folder before LR has even quit, there is no Web Galleries folder in LightroomCC, I assume it is shared with the main Lightroom one.

EDIT: I am using Lightroom Classic.

Any suggestions will be most welcome, thanks

Re: Lightroom Plugin not installing- LR 12.2.1 . M1 - Ventura [SOLVED]

First of all, I should probably clear up some of the terminology.
The Juicebox Plugin for Lightroom is actually a web engine and not a plugin as Lightroom defines a plugin.
As such, the Juicebox Plugin for Lightroom cannot be installed as a Lightroom Plugin but should, instead, be installed as a Lightroom Web Engine.
Sorry for any confusion this causes.

You should be able to install the Juicebox Plugin for Lightroom by simply double clicking the 'juicebox_pro.lrwebengine' package inside the 'adobe-lightroom-plugin' folder (from the extracted Juicebox-Pro zip file), as noted in the installation instructions here.

If this does not work, then the manual instructions in the link above should definitely work.

there is no Web Galleries folder in LightroomCC

That's not unusual. The automated method of installing should create a Web Galleries folder for you but if you install using the manual method, then you'll need to create a 'Web Galleries' folder yourself and then copy the 'juicebox_pro.lrwebengine' package inside it.

On a Mac, navigate inside the Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/ folder and create a new folder there named 'Web Galleries'. Then copy the 'juicebox_pro.lrwebengine' package inside the 'Web Galleries' folder.

You should now be able to access the Juicebox Plugin for Lightroom from the Lightroom Web module (click the 'Web' module shortcut/link near the top right of the Lightroom window or go to 'Window -> Web' from the drop down menu at the top).

I hope this helps.

3 (edited by petax 2023-03-16 13:13:46)

Hi Steve,

Thanks as always for your prompt reply to my very rare requests for help.

I realised that I am using Lightroom Classic (the CC name confused me, sorry)

I have done all of the things you suggested, I tried to post a screen shot but failed, I will try again. Sorry I did not make myself clear.

Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/
There is a Web Gallery directory in this location. It appears that lightroom shares the same directory as Lightroom. I have followed your instructions to the letter,  Double clicking in the plugin folder and indeed I already put the juicebox 'plugin' into the Web Galleries directory by hand. Double clicking leads to the juicebox 'webmodule' being deleted.

[*]SOLVED[/*] With Lightroom not open/running, with the juicebox plugin in the plugins folder, and also put by hand in the Web Galleries directory (Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Web Galleries'), on launching LightroomCC the juicebox web module is available. (to find the hidden library directory see this link https://nektony.com/blog/how-to-get-to-library-on-mac.)

Please note I am using the most recent (to date) software and OS.

I suggest that the instructions need to be slightly clarified, as double clicking on the plugin does not achieve the same results as previously expected, also NB. If you put the Juicebox webmodule/plugin in the Web Gallery folder manually and do the double click procedure, the juicebox webmodule/plugin gets deleted from the Library Web Galleries directory.

I have not used it yet, but to reiterate: Putting the Juicebox plugin manually in the existing "users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Web Galleries" and launching Lightroom Classic makes it available.

As Steve says the web module is not found in the plugins when using Lightroom Classic, go to the top right menu click web.

I hope that helps anyone else with a similar issue. :-)

Looking forward to trying this out, l love Showkase and Juicebox, this will be the icing on the cake.

Post's attachments

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-14 a las 19.54.34.png
Captura de pantalla 2023-03-14 a las 19.54.34.png 116.55 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I'm happy to hear that you've got it working. Thank you for posting back to let me know.
Thank you, also, for sharing your experience and detailing your steps which might, indeed, help other users.

Just a quick clarification...
You mention "Web Gallery" as a folder name a few times in your post but from my experience (at least on Windows), the folder name should be "Web Galleries".

If you put the Juicebox webmodule/plugin in the Web Gallery folder manually and do the double click procedure, the juicebox webmodule/plugin gets deleted from the Library Web Gallery directory.

That's strange but, of course, if you manually copy the package to the Web Galleries folder, there's no need to double-click the package. It seems odd that the package would disappear on doing so, though.

In any case, I'm glad you've got it working.

You're right, it is galleries, I will edit my post.

On your instructions you might make it clear that it is either double click or do it by hand, not both. The penny did drop in the end :-)

The plug in was deleted several times in front of my eyes!

I'm all for clarity (and I don't want to sound defensive) but the first line of the manual instructions on the website already says:

If the method above does not work, you may need to manually install the plugin by copying it to the one of the following locations, depending upon your operating system.

I guess we could rephrase this but it seems fairly clear at the moment.
Let me know if you have any suggestions or if you are referring to instructions elsewhere. Thanks.

7 (edited by petax 2023-03-17 01:48:41)

My apologies, I guess I was just tired, been at it for days. Couldn't see the wood for the trees. Going through best part of 100,000 personal images.

No worries!