Topic: Can't load JuiceboxBuilder-Pro [SOLVED]

Hey... I have a registered version of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

I loaded it onto my new computer and installed it along with the current version of Adobe Air from Samsung. I use this software to build Image Galleries for my websites. It worked fine on my old computer.

After clicking on the JuiceboxBuilder icon the load screen appears along with the Samsung Adobe Air screen then it goes away! The program does not run.

At first I was getting error messages from Norton but I then turned off Norton Data Protector and the same thing was happening minus the Norton error messages.

I have working on this for over a week and I am out of things to try. I have uninstalled & re-installed etc with no luck. I am using a new Windows computer!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I have to work on my websites for my clients.

Regards

Post's attachments

Data Protector.jpg
Data Protector.jpg 54.59 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Can't load JuiceboxBuilder-Pro [SOLVED]

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble running JuiceboxBuilder-Pro on your new computer.

First of all, please let me reassure you that there is no malware within Juicebox-Pro or JuiceboxBuilder-Pro at all.
Please post back with the version numbers for your Norton installation (program version and database version) and I'll fill in a false positive report with Norton so that they can clear Juicebox-Pro's reputation in a database update.

It sounds like Norton has somehow corrupted your JuiceboxBuilder-Pro installation.
With Norton completely disabled (please ensure that you disconnect from the internet before turning off anti-virus and security software and do so at your own risk), try the complete uninstall/reinstall procedure noted as Suggestion #11 in this forum post. It is important to manually delete the folders listed between uninstalling and reinstalling.

If this does not help, then please see all the suggestions in these two forum threads:
Troubleshooting JuiceboxBuilder installation and usage problems
Unresponsive New Gallery and Open Gallery buttons in JuiceboxBuilder

I know your symptoms don't exactly match those of the forum topics but there might be something in there that you've not yet tried that might help.

Please let me know how you get on.
Thank you.

Thank you SO much.

My Norton version # is 22.22.2.10

I will do everything listed in instruction #11 and I will get back to you in a few days.

Thanks again. Sideloader

Thank you for the version number.
I've now filed a false positive report with Norton. I'll keep you posted with any updates. (The Norton portal suggests that it may take up to 48 hours to analyze a submission so it might be a couple of days before I have any news.)

I hope the complete uninstall/reinstall procedure works for you.

Wow... That worked!!! Thank you SOOOOOOO much!!

Now I'm afraid to turn Norton back on but I have to so please let me know when Norton is safe to use again so I can resume work on my Galleries!

Thanks again!!

Sideloader25

I'm glad to gear you've got it working again. Thank you for posting back to let me know.
I'll be sure to post back here with any news as soon as I hear back from Norton.

48 hours have elapsed since I filed the false positive report but no news yet...
I'll keep this forum thread updated if/when I hear anything.

Thank you again!!

You're welcome!

Still no news from Norton, I'm afraid.

Incidentally, I've just run the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.exe' file (the file that launches the application after install, the file that Norton detected as a potential threat) through VirusTotal with 0/67 detections (100% clean).
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/aea … 5511bc16a2

It looks like Norton might be the only company that has a problem with the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.exe' file.
I don't see Norton in the VirusTotal list and the only Symantec listing is Symantec Mobile Insight (which is unable to process the file type).

The name of the file in VirusTotal says 'JuiceboxBuilder-Lite.exe' but that's just because someone ran the Lite file through VirusTotal first. The launchers for JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro are exactly the same (byte for byte) and the file hash was associated with the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Lite.exe' file first.

In any case, we've done all we can for the time being.
Let's hope that Norton can clear Juicebox's reputation in their next database update.

Hey... I just developed some courage (aka Molson Canadian) and I loaded JuiceboxBuilder-Pro with Norton running... no problems!!

So... looks like they listened to you.

Thanks again for everything! If you are ever in the vicinity of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada... I owe you a beer... or two!

Sideloader

p.s. - You can close the thread as resolved. Thanks!

That's great news! Thanks for trying and posting back with the results.
It's a little odd that the link Norton provided for me to check the status of the false positive report still says "Your submission is being processed - Analyzing (up to 48 hours)" but I'm glad to hear that all seems to be well.

I'll mark this thread as [SOLVED] but I'll not lock it so if you experience any further problems, just post back here and I'll pursue the issue with Norton.

A quick update...

Norton might actually have taken action on the false positive report (as implied by your own testing), even though the submission status still says "Your submission is being processed - Analyzing (up to 48 hours)".

I've just been scrolling through the Norton forum and I found a false positive report dated 15 December 2021 and its online status still says "Your submission is being processed - Analyzing (up to 48 hours)", too, so it seems that Norton don't update the status of false positive reports in a timely manner (if at all).

I'm glad you tried things out and posted back with your findings. Otherwise, I'd be none the wiser. Thanks!

Edit:
False positive submission status check link:
https://submit.norton.com/?type=CHECK&a … 7ffd81668a