1 (edited by aviavi 2022-02-19 23:16:17)

Topic: Tree fonts, email button, thumbnail questions

I'm using Juicebox Pro with Jalbum and have newbie questions:

1. How do I adjust the fonts used in the Tree to match the general font used by Juicebox?
2. I have enabled an email button in the Pro options. But how do I add email contact/functionality?
3. Is there a way to have the bottom thumbnails not be square, but rather adapt to the aspect ratio of the image?

Thanks.

Re: Tree fonts, email button, thumbnail questions

(1) After creating an album, open the 'index.html' file (in the album's root directory) in a plain text editor, scroll down to the CSS section of the page and just after:

body {

... enter the following (the default value for Juicebox-Pro's galleryFontFace configuration option):

font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;

(2) The minimum requirements for Juicebox-Pro's email functionality are that you set showEmailButton="TRUE" and use a valid email address for emailAddress (in the skin's 'Pro Options' text area). With this is place, the Email Button will display on the gallery's Button Bar.
Please note that you'll need to ensure that you are using Juicebox-Pro for this to work. (Email functionality is not supported by Juicebox-Lite.)
Instructions for upgrading the skin from Juicebox-Lite to Juicebox-Pro can be found in the skin's description on its download page here: https://jalbum.net/en/skins/skin/Juicebox

(3) Thumbnails do not have to be square but they do all need to be the same size as each other.
You can set the thumbnail dimensions on jAlbum's 'Images -> General' tab (in the 'Image bounds' control panel) and you can then tell Juicebox the thumbnail dimensions by setting thumbWidth and thumbHeight in the skin's 'Pro Options' text area, e.g.:

thumbWidth="100"
thumbHeight="60"

Please note that, just like #2 above, you'll need Juicebox-Pro for this to work.

I hope this helps.

That helps immensely. Thank you. One more question:
Is there a way to either:
1) Have the page heading text and the text description on the images be two different colors?
or
2) Show the text description of an image just below, above or to the sides of the image, rather than on top of it?

(1) Juicebox-Pro has only one text color setting (textColor) which is used for all gallery text.
However, you could set a textColor for your gallery and then override the color for your Gallery Title by using CSS (in the album's 'index.html' page), e.g.:

/* GALLERY TITLE - LARGE SCREEN MODE & SMALL SCREEN MODE */
.jb-area-large-mode-title, .jb-idx-ssm-title-wrapper {
    color: #ff0000 !important;
}

textColor can be found in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Lite' section (and should be entered in the Juicebox skin's 'Pro Options' text area).

For reference, a full list of all Juicebox-Pro configuration options can be found here.

(2) The position of the image's caption text is determined by the Pro configuration option captionPosition.
Possible values for captionPosition are OVERLAY, OVERLAY_IMAGE, BELOW_IMAGE, BOTTOM, BELOW_THUMBS and NONE. A short description of each of these values can be found in the Caption Options section of the Config Options page.
The only way to have the caption text displayed to the left or right of the image would be to set thumbsPosition to either LEFT or RIGHT and then set captionPosition to BELOW_THUMBS, like in this demo here.

Thanks again. I'm using Jalbum (at least for now) so not sure how that integrates with the JuiceBoxBuilder-Pro's options. Anyway, I was able to differentiate the title and gallery text colors.

... not sure how that integrates with the JuiceBoxBuilder-Pro's options.

The jAlbum skin is really just a different way of creating a Juicebox gallery (or album of galleries). A Juicebox gallery uses the same set of configuration options no matter how the gallery was created.

The only two methods of creating Juicebox galleries which have individual controls for all Pro configuration options are JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and the Juicebox-Pro plugin for Lightroom.

The jAlbum skin has individual controls for Lite configuration options only. You can still use Pro options (if you are a Pro user and have upgraded the skin to your use Pro files) but you need to add them as text to the 'Pro Options' text area (as you have already been doing for your email settings).

I hope this helps to clarify things a little.