Topic: Thumbnails don't show [SOLVED]

When I import photos to JBB only a few of the images show on the Images page (see attachment). The gallery published OK but not seeing the images makes it impossible to change the order. The JPGs are all exported from Lightroom. Thanks.

Re: Thumbnails don't show [SOLVED]

Do you have any non-alpha-numeric characters in your image filenames (e.g. quotes, commas, spaces, accented characters)?
If so, try renaming them using only web-safe characters.

As an image filename forms part of a URL when uploaded to a web server, it would be wise to use only web-safe characters within image filenames. Please see section 2.3 of this document for details.

Characters that are allowed in a URI but do not have a reserved purpose are called unreserved. These include uppercase and lowercase letters, decimal digits, hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde.

JuiceboxBuilder can handle image filenames with any or all of these non-reserved characters (but some other characters can cause problems).

I hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Could parentheses be the problem?

paitken wrote:

Could parentheses be the problem?

I answered my own questions -- parentheses don't work.

I'm glad you've been able to answer your own question. Thanks for posting back to let me know.

I realise that, in theory, JuiceboxBuilder could be tweaked to allow certain non-web-safe characters but then you might encounter issues further down the road (for example, when the images are uploaded to a web server).

It really is best to stick with web-safe characters for image filenames when the images are intended for the web.
JuiceboxBuilder works with all web-safe characters and you shouldn't have any trouble with the image filenames in any program or on any web server.