Topic: Help activating Juicebox-Pro [SOLVED]

Good morning, Stephen!

I'm trying to activate JBPro on a new site, but am failing to make it happen.

Through cPanel File Manager I copied both the wp-juicebox and jbcore folders from a site where it works perfectly and then activated the plug-in through the WP dashboard (wp version 5.7.2).

When I created a new post, the Add Juicebox Gallery button is missing. I created a gallery through WP-Juicebox - Manage Galleries, copied the shortcode, pasted it into a shortcode block in my post and updated the post. When I view the post, though, it is ignoring the Pro Options and is displaying the Juicebox button in the bottom left corner of the gallery.

I'm not sure what I've done, but would appreciate your helping me straighten this out.

Thanks,
Skip

Re: Help activating Juicebox-Pro [SOLVED]

When I created a new post, the Add Juicebox Gallery button is missing.

This is certainly a problem but one which I cannot replicate myself.
I've just installed WP-Juicebox v1.5.1.3 under WordPress 5.7.2 and the 'Add Juicebox Gallery' button appears to the right side of the Gutenberg toolbar (next to the 'Preview' and 'Publish' buttons) as expected.
Are you using the built-in Gutenberg editor or the Classic editor a different custom editor?

Maybe you have a plugin which is somehow interfering with WP-Juicebox's functionality.
Try deactivating all your plugins (other than WP-Juicebox) and reactivate them, one-by-one, checking to see if  the 'Add Juicebox Gallery' button appears after each one to see if you can find a plugin which is conflicting with WP-Juicebox.

When I view the post, though, it is ignoring the Pro Options and is displaying the Juicebox button in the bottom left corner of the gallery.

This is a sure sign that the update from Juicebox-Lite to Juicebox-Pro has not been successful. (The Juicebox logo does not appear in the lower right corner of any Pro galleries.)
Please try the Upgrading to Juicebox-Pro instructions again, making sure that you use the 'jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro zip file and that you definitely overwrite the existing Lite 'jbcore' folder in the 'plugins/wp-juicebox' directory.

Please let me know how you get on.
Thanks!

Well, Stephen, it appears that there is some merit to following the instructions...

I put the jbcore folder in the wrong place; issue #2 is resolved.

As to the editor issue, I'm using the built-in Gutenberg. However, I also noticed I'm using jb version 1.5.1.1...where do I get the latest version?

As always, thanks for your excellent support!
Skip

You can download the latest version of WP-Juicebox (v1.5.1.3) from its own support page here.
Upgrading should fix your problem. The first bugfix listed on the Version History page for v1.5.1.3 is:

• Fixed bug whereby 'Add Juicebox Gallery' button did not display for Gutenberg editor in WordPress 5.6

BOOM! Done! v1.5.1.3 was the key.

Stephen, you can mark this SOLVED!

Thanks!
Skip

v1.5.1.3 was the key.

That's great to hear! Thank you for letting me know.

Stephen, you can mark this SOLVED!

Will do!