Topic: Installation [SOLVED]

I am very much interested in buying Juicebox-Pro. I had a beautiful photography website working under KOKEN. As you may know, KOKEN died some time ago and some parts of my site don't work anymore. Juicebox seems to have all the features I would like to have and apparently even more.

However I wonder how to install it, since, if I understand well, Adobe Air is no more available.

Another question: will Juicebok-Pro work on MacOS Big Sur?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Re: Installation [SOLVED]

...if I understand well, Adobe Air is no more available.

Adobe have passed the development and support of AIR to Harman but AIR is still an active and valid platform.

Unfortunately, now that Adobe have passed AIR to Harman, they have removed their regular Adobe AIR download page (redirecting users to the Harman site) and, at the moment, Harman provide only an AIR SDK (a Software Development Kit for developers) but not an AIR runtime (for AIR application end users).
Installing an AIR SDK will not allow you to run the JuiceboxBuilder installer. An AIR runtime is required.
This makes life a little difficult during this transitional period.

However, it is still possible to download the most recent AIR v32.0.0.125 runtime directly from Adobe via the links below:
Mac: https://download.macromedia.com/air/mac … obeAIR.dmg
Windows: https://download.macromedia.com/air/win … taller.zip

Once you have downloaded and installed AIR from the links above, you should be able to pick up the Installing JuiceboxBuilder instructions at Step #2.

At the moment, although Harman provide only an AIR SDK, they hope to provide an AIR runtime very soon.
According to a comment (from five days ago) on this web page, Andrew Frost (Harman's Software Engineering Manager) says:

... we are looking to provide a shared runtime still, for end users to download.

We should have things resolved and uploaded within the next two weeks I believe.

In the meantime, until the Harman AIR runtime is made available, the most recent Adobe AIR runtime can be downloaded from the links above (or from software download sites such as Softpedia). However, if you download Adobe AIR from any website other than Adobe's own, then please do so at your own risk.
Incidentally, the most recent Adobe AIR beta runtimes (v32.0.0.144) can still be downloaded from the Adobe Labs page here.

I have notified the Juicebox developers of Adobe's website change and our installation instructions should be updated in our next website refresh.

Another question: will Juicebok-Pro work on MacOS Big Sur?

Yes, but you'll need to implement the fix (first required for MacOS Catalina) noted here.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much, Steven!

It is really a problem when software companies abandon one of their products without proposing a viable solution. I had the experience with KOKEN.

Unfortunately, I did not manage to have Adobe Air (downloaded from the link you suggested) working. I get always the warning: Adobe AIR.framework is damaged and cannot be opened.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having trouble.

This might sound a little strange but another Bug Sur user was successful installing AIR and JuiceboxBuilder by using an older version of Adobe AIR. In the user's case, it was Adobe AIR v20.0.
Unfortunately, at the moment, the only two versions of Adobe AIR that can de downloaded from Adobe's own website are v32.0.0.125 (from the links in my post above) and v32.0.0.144 (from the Adobe Labs site). (All previous versions have been removed.)
If you have not yet tried v32.0.0.144, then you might like to give it a try.
Here's the direct download link for Mac: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/l … obeAIR.dmg

If you'd like to try Adobe AIR v20.0, then you might need to hunt around the internet to find it but if you do find it on any website other than Adobe's own, then please download and install it at your own risk.
I can only recommend downloading Adobe AIR from Adobe's own website.

Don't forget about the 'com.apple.quarantine' fix: https://www.juicebox.net/support/juiceb … /#catalina

The good news is that Harman do plan to release an up-to-date AIR runtime (hopefully within the next fortnight).
Here's another quote from Andrew Frost on this web page:

Currently just trying to sort out the legal pieces needed for this, we have installers pretty much ready although facing a few issues still on Big Sur.

Big Sur seems to be the thing that is holding them back at the moment but the fact that they mention Big Sur at all seems to imply that their AIR runtime will be compatible with Big Sur.
I hope that they are able to release their AIR runtime sooner rather than later and that it installs smoothly on all platforms.

I have tried to download Adobe AIR from other websites, but to no avail.The warning is alwas the same: Adobe AIR.framework is damaged and cannot be opened.

I'll have probably to be patient.

It would be nice if you could inform me by e-mail when a working Adobe Air will be available. I hope the Adobe Air runtime will be available for free.

In the meantime I will post another question in the forum in order not to lose time with the installation.

Have you found and tried Adobe AIR v20.0 yet? As I mentioned previously, it seems to have worked for another Big Sur user.

I'll certainly post back here when I have any further news of a Harman AIR runtime (and, as long as you subscribe to this topic,  you will receive an email notification to signify that there is a new post in this thread).

Also, keep an eye on these Adobe AIR pages.
Adobe AIR Forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/air/bd-p … filter=all
Adobe Runtime Support Issues: https://github.com/Gamua/Adobe-Runtime-Support/issues
Harman AIR Website: https://airsdk.harman.com/

Take a look at the posts in the Adobe AIR Forum (first link above).
Search for "framework damaged" and you'll find many people encountering the problem that you reported.
Maybe I've missed something and reading through all the relevant posts will provide a new suggestion.

Also, check out all the tips in this forum post.
There might be something there that helps. You might read about something that you are not doing (that I do not know about) which might help.

Still no news of a Harman AIR runtime, I'm afraid, but the Gamua Github account has just opened a Discussions page in the Adobe-Runtime-Support repository (a few days ago) which might be worth keeping an eye on.
https://github.com/Gamua/Adobe-Runtime- … iscussions

Let's remain stubborn. In the meantime, I'll prepare my photos.

Harman have just released their AIR runtimes (v33.1.1.385).
Here is their download page: https://airsdk.harman.com/runtime

Please read the Known Issues regarding these runtimes (on the download page below the links).
Here are the Known Issues which are relevant to JuiceboxBuilder.

Publisher verification. AIR developers can sign their packages either with a self-signed certificate, or with a certificate issued by one of a number of certificate authorities. With the latter, the AIR installation process would normally show a message confirming the vendor details. Due to an issue with the internal certificates in the AIR runtime, the signing certificate cannot be validated hence all applications will show the "unknown" publisher warning - see image on the right. Please ensure you validate where the application has been downloaded from.

Encrypted Local Store. On MacOS, applications requiring to use the "Encrypted Local Storage" feature of AIR will need to set up a local storage area for this. MacOS requests the user's permission during this process, with the request for a password for the "PrivateEncryptedDatak" keychain password (see image on the right). To proceed, please leave the password blank and click on "Always Allow" - this should only be displayed once.

I have tested the Windows runtime on Windows 10 and, other than being presented with the "unknown" publisher warning, it works fine. (I was able to successfully install and run both JuiceboxBuilder-Lite v1.5.1 and  JuiceboxBuilder-Pro v1.5.1.)
Unfortunately, I do not have access to a Mac to test the Mac version.

I hope this helps you to get both AIR and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro up and running on Big Sur.
Please let me know how you get on.
Thank you.

Hurrah! It worked! I could download Harman AIR runtime without problem and open JuiceboxBuilder-Pro with no problem either

I'll start working on the website in about 2 days. I am now very busy with an urgent translation.

Thanks!!!!

That's great news!
Thank you very much for posting back to let me know.
It's great to know that there is now a version of AIR that can easily be installed on Big Sur.
I wish you well with Juicebox-Pro and your web projects!