Re: Feature Requests

- fix for Opera and Firefox, they don't play audio (IE: ok, Chrome: ok. Format: mp3, 128kbps, created by AVS Audio Converter)

Please see the Adding Audio section of the Creating Galleries page (and the Audio Options) for details on how to have an audio track play in Firefox.

Great product — thanks, just what I've been looking for.

Would like the option to have a 'Share' button on the button bar. Icon would be the box with the arrow coming out of it — used in iOS and Android apps and OS10.8 etc (I think most folks recognise this as Share button).

Share button would have a drop down menu with options to include:
Download high res image
Open image in new window
Email this image
Facebook
Twitter

I think it would be nice to have thumbnail opacity option

Inactive thumb opacity (eg set to 0.6)
Rollover thumb opacity (eg set to 1.0)
Current image thumb opacity (eg set to 1.0)

rj74 wrote:

I would like option to not show thumbnails when gallery loads.
I think with photography portfolio galleries, the impact of the clean large image is effective, and thumbs are a secondary item not necessarily needing to be shown on load, and user can open thumbs if they want.
Other galleries you might want to show the thumbs on load.
Option to do either would be nice.

Sorry, I now see this is already an option — Show large thumbs.

Steven wrote:

@paulr
Just remove the following lines from the code you posted:

-moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4);
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4);
    box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4);

I have removed this code and still have a shadow. I've tried making the color of the shadow the same as the background color, and still have a shadow. Any idea why I can't get rid of this thing?

@cprblak

In JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, go to the 'Customize -> Color' section and set the 'Opacity' for the shadow that you are trying to remove (whether it is the image, thumb or text shadow) to zero.

157 (edited by cprblak 2013-03-21 00:55:15)

OK, this did it:

-moz-box-shadow: none !important;
    -webkit-box-shadow: none !important;
    box-shadow: none !important;

Would LOVE to have a search feature in this..  Anyway?  I tried playing with Google Search, but it doesn't seem to want to find the Juicebox image by numbers or names..  Are they hidden somehow from Search by google website search ?   It finds my old images under old gallery.. but not the Juicebox one..   thanks!

@artwindows

We are currently investigating SEO and Juicebox.
In the meantime, please take a look at this forum post for a possible solution.

Would love to see simpler way to arrange order of photos in the software "Images" area.  It would be nice to be able to select info that appears in that screen, to include "just show thumbs."  When arranging the order of large galleries, it would be so much simpler to just have a screen of thumbs that I could drag and drop.  At present with the caption, link, and title details showing, it's very time consuming to drag an image from the bottom of the gallery to the top.

@aopchuck

Would love to see simpler way to arrange order of photos in the software "Images" area.

A thumbnail view on the 'Images' tab of JuiceboxBuilder (with easier re-ordering of images) is coming in the next version of Juicebox (though I do not know when it will be released).

Steven wrote:

@aopchuck

Would love to see simpler way to arrange order of photos in the software "Images" area.

A thumbnail view on the 'Images' tab of JuiceboxBuilder (with easier re-ordering of images) is coming in the next version of Juicebox (though I do not know when it will be released).

Any way to have an option to use caption on thumbnails as well?? That would be very helpful. Thx.
Really looking forward to future releases and new features. The potential is enormous and it's already great program.

I may have mentioned this earlier in thread. Any possibility of being able to show which PRESET is currently assigned to the current gallery being created? Important item I'd say, in order to not overwrite the preset with new changes to the wrong preset if we save it.  Thx for opportunity to share ideas.
Rick

I was about to purchase JuiceBox Pro and the only thing keeping me from purchasing and using the software is when it generates thumbnails of photos in portrait format of people, it chops off their heads and faces resulting in awkward looking thumbnails.

This is a major issue when posting galleries containing photos of people. When we post images online, about half of them are shot in portrait (vertical) format and most of those photos are photos of people. We just can't use an image display solution that chops off people's heads, faces, and upper body when posting thumbnails of image galleries. It is a shame though because otherwise the software is well-built and perfect for our needs.

Facebook, for example, has software that "zooms" in on people's faces when creating thumbnails and this would be the ideal solution. I realize this is more complex and i understand if you can't implement that level of sophistication just yet.

At the least can you please offer functionality where for certain images you can specify what part of the image the thumbnail image should  cover? Maybe there can be an overlay on the preview screen of all the images where you can designate an "area of interest" in a photo and the thumbnail will be centered on that area?

I bet many of your other customers also would appreciate this functionality -- especially when posting photos of people. As it is, all your thumbnails created of people in vertical format photos are zoomed in on their stomach and hip area resulting in awful looking thumbnails.

I'd really need some control over where the thumbnail image zooms in on to purchase this product and hope this feature is offered soon so I can purchase and use your great product!

Would like option for thumbnails to overlay the bottom of the main image.

i would love to see a splash screen option to get a thumbnail grid of all gallery images.

so people can get a first impression/overview before entering the gallery and also the possibility to find an specific image and jump directly to that image.

etienne wrote:

i would love to see a splash screen option to get a thumbnail grid of all gallery images.

so people can get a first impression/overview before entering the gallery and also the possibility to find an specific image and jump directly to that image.

I mentioned that earlier as well..  A search engine for the gallery.   I number and describe each photo in the caption section, and really need to have a search bar somehow.  I'm trying to use a workaround until it's set up in Juice Box..

168 (edited by etienne 2013-04-04 14:34:30)

IPTC flexibility
it would be nice to have greater flexibility in adding the content of various IPTC tags into TITLE and DESCRIPTION of the image. it would be also nice if i could combine the content of several IPTC tags into the DESCRIPTION (lets say: FILENAME followed by a double dot followed by the TITLE followed by the DESCRIPTION in parathesis.

Don't know whether should post into showkase feature request or here.
For starters would really like to use the entire Showkase manager as a wordpress plugin to replace nextgen.
Thumbnails view for galleries and albums as well as seen in http://www.showkase.net/livedemo/Galleries/
List gallery view with Juicebox fullscreen mode http://www.showkase.net/livedemo/list-gallery/

For possible future additions, a more developed API for the galleries to link to more sophisticated user databases. On the go quick selections for users as practiced in image libraries.
All in all - the best fullscreen image viewing on market today, but seriously lacking in versatility.

I'm appreciating all the customization options, thanks!

One thing that would help me would be to specify a prefix for all the linkurls.
I'd like to be able to dynamically render a image detail page (using the xmp info embedded in the jpegs). I know I can manually alter every linkurl, but it'd be much easier to have a configuration option like:

linkurlprefix="/image_detail.php?file=" and then juicebox would concatenate each individual linkurl with the prefix so when the user clicks on an image or a caption it would link to something like /image_detail.php?file=images/_MG_8874.jpg

Thanks!

it'd be much easier to have a configuration option like:
linkurlprefix="/image_detail.php?file=" and then juicebox would concatenate each individual linkurl with the prefix so when the user clicks on an image or a caption it would link to something like /image_detail.php?file=images/_MG_8874.jpg

You should be able to do a redirect on the server side to achieve this. Or do a text editor global search and replace in the generated XML file.

172 (edited by foundation 2013-04-16 04:34:15)

Thanks Felix, but I don't have control over the redirects [EDIT -- turns out my host does allow htaccess rules] (but I couldn't redirect all accesses to /photos/abc.jpg to a php page as juicebox and others need to access the images directly unless I'm misunderstanding you?), and I am hoping to go directly from lightroom, ftp upload. By manual I meant the global search and replace, but I have 16 some odd galleries on the site, and don't want to have to find and replace every time I add an image or change a gallery sort order or anything else.

I'd really like to use umlauts (äÄöÖüÜ) within my file names. It would make things much  easier. Adding an image with an umlaut in the filename doesn't work (no image is shown), so I always have to manually rename the files before adding them and change the title back to the actual one.

It would be great to see more transition options. I know you just added a cross-fade, but since that kinda distorts the images (a couple client comments) it's not really useful. If the slide transition had other options especially on auto play (move left/right/up/down), that would be great!

I'd like to see definable padding introduced to the watermark so that it can be nested in from the edges.