Topic: JuiceboxBuilder-Pro blocked [SOLVED]

Hello
I made some changes to install the buttons in the center of the image (Button Url, Speaker, mail) helped by Steven the gallery works very well thank you again Steven.
I open JuiceboxBuilder with the gallery I modified, it stays locked in the home page and I can not open any gallery even those without modification?
I uninstall and reinstall JuiceboxBuilder still the same problem.
I have to install a Windows backup to be able to open non-edit galleries?
I have Windows Enterprise 10
Someone already has or is having trouble with Windows?
Thanks for your help.

Re: JuiceboxBuilder-Pro blocked [SOLVED]

I'm not really sure exactly what the problem is.
Are you able to explain your problem ("it stays locked in the home page") in greater detail?

Can you give me a set of steps that you go through to reproduce the problem and then let me know exactly what happens and what you expect to happen?

All I can think of at the moment is that either:
(1) You may have some security software installed on your computer which might somehow be interfering with the functionality of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro. Try temporarily disabling any security software that you have installed (please do so at your own risk and ensure that you are disconnected from the internet first) to see if this makes a difference.
... or:
(2) You may have (or have had at one point) a gallery file open in a program (such as a browser, editor or imaging program) whilst the gallery is open in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro has not been able to delete its temporary working folder on closing (due to the other program having a temporary lock on the file) which can render the 'Open Gallery...' button inoperable when JuiceboxBuilder-Pro is next run.
With JuiceboxBuilder-Pro closed, navigate to C:\Users\Username\Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\ in your Windows File Explorer and, if there is a folder named .tempGallery there, please delete it manually.

Also, please make sure that you are not saving and/or opening galleries from an online synced folder (e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive) as this has been known to cause problems with opening galleries.

I hope that these suggestions help.
If not, then please explain your problem in greater detail and I'll try to help further.
Thank you.

3 (edited by Tony83 2020-02-01 08:03:39)

Hi Steven
For blocking look at the picture 1.
I click on Open Gallery and the software stays like that, I close and I open on all Galleries no opens and the galleries are good.
The galleries that I open them are all on my PC.
I do not have this file look at photo 2 (C: \ Users \ Username \ Documents \ JuiceboxBuilder-Pro \ in your Windows File Explorer and, if there is a folder named .tempGallery)
I thank you for your help

Link : http://f8coy.fr/forum/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro-1.jpg

Link : http://f8coy.fr/forum/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro-2.jpg

4 (edited by Tony83 2019-10-12 16:22:29)

I forgot
I have Windows 10 antivirus (Windows Defender) I disable.
I have several times Windows starts for all programs is closed and I open the Gallery does not open to see picture 1
Merci

Thank you for the additional information.
I think I understand your problem better now, thank you. (The "Open Gallery..." button on the 'Start' tab is not responsive.)

Windows Defender should not cause any problems and there have never been any reports of any interference from Windows Defender so you can safely keep Windows Defender active at all times.

The most likely cause of an "Open Gallery..." button which does not work is a persistent .tempGallery folder, as I mentioned in my last post. (A .tempGallery folder will only remain after JuiceboxBuilder-Pro is closed if there is a lock on a gallery file from another program so I recommend not editing any gallery files until after the gallery has been saved and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro has been closed.)
Your second screenshot shows the contents of the C:\Users\Username\Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\presets folder.
The .tempGallery folder (if there is one) will be inside the C:\Users\Username\Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro folder alongside (not inside) the 'presets' folder. Please see the screenshot attached to this post.
Go back one level to the C:\Users\Username\Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro folder and see if there is a .tempGallery folder there.

Here is another thing to try which might help.
(1) Close JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
(2) Navigate to the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS folder.
(3) Delete the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' folder inside the 'ELS' folder.
You may need to show hidden files to find and navigate inside the 'AppData' folder in Windows File Explorer.

If you continue to experience difficulties, then please try installing JuiceboxBuilder-Lite from the Juicebox-Lite zip package which you can find on the Download Page. (JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and JuiceboxBuilder-Lite can be installed and run side-by side on the same computer without interfering with each other.)
If the same problem happens with both programs, then there is likely a system-wide issue on your computer affecting both programs.
If JuiceboxBuilder-Lite works (whereas JuiceboxBuilder-Pro does not), then the problem would appear to be specific to your JuiceboxBuilder-Pro installation and a complete uninstall and reinstall (following the procedure in this forum post) should solve the problem.

One other thing that has helped another user (with a slightly different problem) was to uninstall Adobe AIR, install an older version of AIR and then upgrade AIR. Details are in this forum post.

I hope my notes above help.

Post's attachments

Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png 16.88 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

6 (edited by Tony83 2020-02-01 08:05:04)

Hi Steven
For info it's been a lot of year that I work with (svBuilder-Pro) it always work wonders and we can do everything that now it does not work well on the internet!
I confirm I do not have any (.tempGallery folder) View photo 3
Of course that the hidden files are well displayed Hi !!!!
I just opened a gallery edit no problem it's open and I saved it, (of course I lost the change the icon Url button) normal I redo the modification of (Index and theme.css ) and I have Gallery edit and work well.
I read you information and I think I had some bad handling with JuiceboxBuilder-pro.
Once the Galery finished I registered but I do not close JuiceboxBuilder-Pro I opened another Galery with the Start button can not be good like that?
And something else that I do too I open a Galery edit and I closed without registration not good too I think?
Now I am going to correct all his mistakes and I hope everything will be back to normal.
I have a lot of modifications to do again.
The gallery title:
Font Size and color.
Can you give me the number in the theme.css file to change the font of the Galery title

I will give you news if Gallery does not open
Thank you for all this information
Have a good day
Tony
Link :http://f8coy.fr/forum/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro-3.jpg

Link : http://f8coy.fr/forum/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro-4.jpg

I just opened a gallery edit no problem it's open and I saved it...

That's good news. Thank you for letting me know.

I've just tried to replicate your problem again by switching between galleries in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (without closing the program) and by opening gallery files in other programs at the same time (which I would not recommend) but I still cannot reproduce the problem you describe so I'm really not sure what the cause of your problem is.
If you can give me a detailed and specific set of steps that I can use to try to replicate your problem, I'll try again.

In the meantime, it sounds like if you edit one gallery at a time (closing and reopening JuiceboxBuilder-Pro each time) and are careful not to open any edit any gallery files in other programs whilst the gallery is open in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, then you should hopefully be fine.

I will give you news if Gallery does not open

OK, please let me know if you run into any further problems.

Thank you for all this information

You're welcome!

Can you give me the number in the theme.css file to change the font of the Galery title
The gallery title:
Font Size and color

thank you very much
Good Sunday

If you want to change the color and font size for just the Gallery Title, then you can do so using HTML formatting (without needing to edit the gallery's 'theme.css' file).
Please see this FAQ for details:
How do I add HTML formatting to the Gallery Title or Back Button?

For example, you could enter a Gallery Title such as the following into JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Lite -> Gallery Title' field (changing the values as appropriate):

<span style="color: #0000ff; font-size: 48px;">Gallery Title text goes here.</span>

If you really want to change the font and color for just the Gallery Title via CSS, then add the following to the foot of your gallery's 'theme.css' file (changing the values as appropriate):

/* GALLERY TITLE - LARGE SCREEN MODE */
.jb-area-large-mode-title {
    font-size: 48px !important;
    color: #0000ff !important;
}

/* GALLERY TITLE - SMALL SCREEN MODE */
.jb-idx-ssm-title-wrapper {
    font-size: 48px !important;
    color: #0000ff !important;
}

10 (edited by Tony83 2020-02-01 08:04:18)

Hi Steven
Yesterday I changed several Galery without any problem for me now the problem is solved.
FYI, after registering the Galery I click Start button to open a new Galery and no problem.
My problem is solved. Hi !!!!!!!!
See photo 5
Thank you very much for all your help
Have a good day.
Tony

Link : http://f8coy.fr/forum/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro-5.jpg

My problem is solved.

I'm glad you're getting on OK. Thank you for letting me know.
I'll mark this thread as [SOLVED] but if you run into any further difficulties, just post back and I'll do my best to help you out.

Thank you very much for all your help

You're welcome!