Topic: Navigation tool for thumb pages

Created with svBuilder-Pro I had a gallery of 2,626 historic Spanish orange crate labels diaplayed in my virtual Orange Wrapper Museum OPIUM www.opiummuseum.de. On the left hand side I definded a thumb area of 6 x 8 resulting in 55 thumb pages. Below the thumbs I placed a small navigation bar which gave the visitor direct access to any of the 55 thumb pages and thereby to any of the 2,626 main images. A visitor could easily arrive at any rear part of this large gallery or even hop to its very end.

It seems to me that there is no comparable  navigation tool available in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro. To arrive at rear parts of a gallery or even hop to its end one has to sequentially run through the main images or at least through the thumb pages. In small galleries this might not be overly important. But the larger a gallery gets the more it becomes tedious and time demanding to run through it sequentially and the more important would it be to have random access to all images of the gallery. I therefore suggest to add a complete small navigation tool across the thumbs to JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

To clarify what I mean I have prepared a comparison of a small gallery with 231 images only created with svBuilder-Pro with the same gallery created with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro. You can view it here, if you want: www.opiummuseum.de/spankist.vergleich.htm . But please imagine the gallery had not 231, but 2,626 entries.

Dirik von Oettingen
Germany

Re: Navigation tool for thumb pages

Many thanks for the suggestion (for a Juicbeox-Pro equivalent to SimpleViewer-Pro's thumbNavStyle="NUMERIC").
I've copied your post to the Feature Requests thread (here) where it will be seen by the developers.

I know that I've already mentioned this to yourself in an email but for anyone else reading this thread, it should be possible to achieve something like this manually using the Juicebox-Pro API (with help from the showThumbPage method) but knowledge of HTML and JavaScript would be required and you might need to get a little creative with the styling (SimpleViewer-Pro's thumbNavStyle="NUMERIC" used an ellipsis when too many thumbnail pages existed for there to be a link to every single one at once) and you might also need to overcome potential pitfalls along the way (such as the fact that the number of thumbnail pages may change in a responsive gallery if the browser window dimensions change).

An automated solution built-in to Juicebox-Pro would undoubtedly be easier to setup and use so thank you for the suggestion.
(Just a quick disclaimer, though, that I do not know what suggestions will be picked up by the developers and implemented in future versions.)