Topic: Sound problem

I get no sound when I enter the url to my MP3 file. The url is right and it works in svBuilder.

Re: Sound problem

Is your problem that there is no audio in Firefox?
If so, you must enter the path to an .ogg file in the 'Audio Url Ogg' text field (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Audio' section).
Please see the Adding Audio section of the 'Juicebox - Creating Galleries' page for details.

My problem is that I don't hear the song inte Juicebox when I create the show. When I upload it to the server it works fine in the browser and my iPad.

This is a known issue of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro. Please see the 'Known Issues' section of the JuiceboxBuilder User Guide for details.

Audio playback does not work in JuiceboxBuilder. To test audio playback, preview the gallery in a browser.

NO AUDIO IN FIREFOX.

My OGG Audio track DOES NOT play in FIREFOX V 12.0 WHEN ONLINE (however, Firefox browser DOES play audio during offline PREVIEW).

MP3 Audio plays fine online using Chrome, Safari and IE. 

The separate OGG file is correctly encoded, loaded, and referenced in the AUDIO settings window.

I've tried entering a complete http://www.mywebsite ...   and ALSO entered just the same directory as the index (where my audio files are located.)  Neither solves it.

Nothing found online in your documentation or in other site posts.  Please help!

Thanks for an (otherwise) wonderful program!

Bob

@bobpatrick

Please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

I have exactly the same problem as bobpatrick. Audio plays well in Firefox offline and in Chrome online. It does NOT play using Firefox online. What was the solution to his problem. BTW: I have several projects and have NEVER gotten it to work.

@gfarrell002

The audio options within Juicebox-Pro have changed since the queries above were originally posted.

Since v1.5.1 (Version History) It is no longer necessary to provide an audioUrlOgg. (audioUrlOgg has been removed from the list of configuration options.) Only an audioUrlMp3 is now required. However, you will need to ensure that your gallery uses Juicebox-Pro v1.5.1 for this to work (otherwise Juicebox-Pro will still look for an audioUrlOgg in Firefox). If necessary, full instructions for downloading the latest version and for upgrading existing galleries van be found on the Upgrading Juicebox support page.

If upgrading your gallery to Juicebox-Pro v1.5.1 does not help (or if your gallery is already using Juicebox-Pro v1.5.1), then please check/try the following:

(1) Please check to see if the audio plays in this online demo gallery in your Firefox browser. (The audio in the demo gallery does not auto-play so please click the Audio Button in the Button Bar.) It plays fine in Firefox 55.0.3 under Windows 10 on my on PC.

(2) Please let me know what operating system and version number of Firefox you use.

(3) Please post the URL to your gallery so that I can check it out for myself and hopefully help further.

Thank you.

(Please note that the ability to automatically start the audio track playing as soon as the gallery is loaded is not supported in iOS or Android. On mobile devices, it is necessary for the user to click the Audio Button on the Button Bar to start the audio track playing. This is noted in the short description of playAudioOnLoad in the Audio Options section of the Config Options page.)

I upgraded to v1.5.1. It works perfectly!
I also have FF 55.0.3 in Windows 10.

After I reload the projects I created in the previous version, and reprocess the images etc, then Publish, what files do I have to re-save to the server. All of the images? This takes considerable time to upload.

Thanks again!
I am using JuiceBox for showing all of my pictures!

I upgraded to v1.5.1. It works perfectly!

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.

After I reload the projects I created in the previous version, and reprocess the images etc, then Publish, what files do I have to re-save to the server.

If you are not changing (adding/removing/resizing) any images or modifying any configuration options, then you can upgrade a gallery just by replacing its existing 'jbcore' folder with the 'jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro v1.5.1 zip package ('juicebox_pro_1.5.1/web/jbcore'). (This is noted in the 'Upgrading Existing Galleries' section of the Upgrading Juicebox support page.) There is no need to re-upload your gallery's images or the gallery's 'config.xml' file (assuming that the audioUrlMp3 path has not changed).

Thanks again!

You're welcome!