Topic: bug: juiceboxbuilder-pro / flickr

If you specify

image source: flickr
flickr tags: some-tag
flickr user id: some-userid

and click 'Load images' button, only the first image is shown in the thumb viewer pane on the right.  However if the Flickr Image Count is reduced from the default 50 to a fewer number, all the tagged images (thumbs) will be collected & shown.

2 (edited by michaels 2012-05-18 10:03:34)

Re: bug: juiceboxbuilder-pro / flickr

Just an update. I think this 'Flickr Image Count' is somewhat unreliable. In preparing a test content for another post, I tagged 3 images in flickr, and used 45 for the 'Flickr Image Count' and I could see the 3 images, but when I added the same tag to another image (and confirmed it within flickr that I now had 4 images), and then refreshed the gallery in the app & in my browser, the additional image would not appear. However if I altered (reduced) the image count again to (e.g.) 40 & refreshed, the image would appear. This behaviour seems rather strange to me.

I am unable to replicate this problem. I have tried with several accounts using Flickr User Names and Flickr User Ids.
What platform are you on (Mac/Windows) and are you using the latest version of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (v1.0.2)?

Thanks. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit & using 1.0.02 of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

With regard to your second post. Your newly tagged image may not have initially been displayed due to the tags not having fully propagated around Flickr's servers. In changing the 'Flickr Image Count' and trying again, you would have given the process more time to complete and the image would then have been displayed.
It has been known for newly tagged images to sometimes take between 24 and 48 hours to appear in API searches.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit & using 1.0.02 of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

I too, am using Windows 7 x64 and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro v1.0.2 and cannot replicate this problem.
Another variable in the equation when fetching images from Flickr's servers (which will differ between my experience and yours) is your internet connection. Is your connection usually relatively fast and stable?

If you specify

image source: flickr
flickr tags: some-tag
flickr user id: some-userid

and click 'Load images' button, only the first image is shown in the thumb viewer pane on the right.

Is this consistent? Does this happen every time or does the number of thumbnails that are initially displayed differ each time?

I just updated my AIR version to v3.2 but I still get this issue.

1) in flickr, add the tag 'jbtest1' (without quotes) to 2 of my images in my photostream
2) go into JuiceboxBuilder-Pro & create a new gallery (load from flickr)
3) enter my flickr user name
4) specify the above tag (without quote), click 'Load images'
5) I get the dialog error 'flickr images not found'
6) enter '49' for the image count, and click 'Load images', both images come up in the thumb pane
7) btw if I enter '45' for the image count, I only get 1 image in the pane (btw entering 46, 47 or 48 gives me both images)

Kinda strange. It would be interesting if someone else could try this to confirm.

Sorry Steven, I missed your earlier post about propagation. I think you're exactly right - it probably takes time, and I confirmed the 2 images were seen after all when resetting the count. Apologies.

I've just tried this:

1) in flickr, add the tag 'jbtest1' (without quotes) to 2 of my images in my photostream
2) go into JuiceboxBuilder-Pro & create a new gallery (load from flickr)
3) enter my flickr user name
4) specify the above tag (without quote), click 'Load images'

Both thumbnails are immediately displayed.
We both use the same version of Windows, Adobe AIR and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro. A known variable in the equation is the internet connection so I cannot help thinking that this is a contributing factor.