Topic: Bad Links in "Reply to topic" Forum Emails?

Steven, Felix, et al.,

I've been getting bad links in emails for some time now, and decided it was time to speak up about them. For instance, I got this email at 6:28AM (EST) today:

evehoedley has replied to the topic 'Showcase your Juicebox Galleries' to which you are subscribed. There may be more new replies, but this is the only notification you will receive until you visit the board again.

The post is located at http://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1810#p1810

You can unsubscribe by going to...

That link is invalid, both as a stand-alone address-bar entry, and also searching within that thread (and a few others). This happens to me pretty much (always?) with any topic that I'm subscribed to. Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Bad Links in "Reply to topic" Forum Emails?

Unfortunately, the forum attracts a lot of spam.
If a spam entry is posted in a thread that you are subscribed to, you will automatically get an email notifying you of a new post in that thread as soon as the post is entered.
However, I am pretty quick off the mark in spotting and deleting spam and the links you are emailed refer to these spam posts which no longer exist.
We have anti-spam measures in place on the forum but, inevitably, some spam always seems to get through.

Re: Bad Links in "Reply to topic" Forum Emails?

D'oh! Never thought of that. Thanks, Steven.