Topic: Config.XML not found after upload with jalbum

I've searched and I've read many of the posts with the same issues and I've spent the last couple hours (more then I wanted as it was the first chance I've had to update my website and bought this to get it done but so be it) and I'll admit when I bought it I thought it would be like some of the others where you set the parameters in the interface, upload it, and go, but no. I bought pro because of the IOS compatibility others did not have so I'm willing to bite the bullett but need to get past this.

I use an iframe for my jalbum which is located at www.domain.com/albums/history/
The album displays (and I have used Fotoplayer, Fotoslides, Turtle and others with no problems with the same link) and the titles are to the left but the images are missing and the config.xml error is in the middle of the page.

I did as the instructions said with pro for the jalbum juicebox skin and:

"To integrate the Pro version of Juicebox into the skin, replace the Lite version 'jbcore' folder in the skin's folder ('Juicebox/res/juicebox/jbcore/') with the Pro version 'jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro download package ('juicebox_pro_1.2.0/web/jbcore/').

To open the skin's folder, go to 'Tools -> Open Directories -> Skin directory' from jAlbum's drop-down menu.
Once the skin has been upgraded from Juicebox-Lite to Juicebox-Pro, Juicebox-Pro configuration options can be entered into the 'Pro Options' text area, in the 'Juicebox' section of the skin's settings, in the form:
optionName1=optionValue1
optionName2=optionValue2
Please note that there are no quotes around the option values."

My parameters in the Pro Window:
showThumbsButton=TRUE
screenMode=AUTO
enableKeyboardControls=TRUE
expandInNewPage=AUTO
firstImageIndex=1
showPreloader=TRUE
thumbSelectedFrameWidth=4
buttonBarPosition=TOP
buttonBarHAlign=RIGHT
showAutoPlayButton=TRUE
showAudioButton=TRUE
showNavButtons=TRUE
autoPlayThumbs=TRUE

I also tried adding:
configUrl : /www.domainname.com/albums/history/

So what what am I missing? Any help appreciated. I need something that I can make changes quickly in jalbum and just upload without making server side updates to config files everytime. I use Lightroom and export to jalbum then just refresh the album and upload to my website. It only takes minutes to add to albums to a gallery once I get over this hump.

Thanks

Re: Config.XML not found after upload with jalbum

Config.XML not found after upload with jalbum

Please see this FAQ: When I view my gallery I see the message 'Config XML file not found'. How do I fix this?

I also tried adding:
configUrl : /www.domainname.com/albums/history/

Setting a configUrl in the 'Pro Options' text area will not work. The configUrl must be set in the embedding code (which is generated automatically by the Juicebox skin within the 'index.html' page in your album's output directory).

If you want to load a Juicebox gallery created by jAlbum into an <iframe>, the 'src' attribute of the <iframe> should point to the 'index.html' page within your album's output directory (and the entire output directory must be uploaded to your web server).

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

3 (edited by jsantacroce 2012-11-04 12:57:44)

Maybe some additional info will help:

I deleted everything from the host side and re-uploaded my album without any parameters set. The album works perfectly fine and I know it finds the config.xml (which is in the album folder with the index.html) as I changed the gallery name and it is updated in the config.

I checked the file sizes on the server and jalbum correctly uploaded the PRO versions when I did an UPLOAD ALL and the jbcore folder is correct.

So far so good:

I then entered the parameters into the jalbum PRO OPTIONS box as below and checked on the host and the config.xml (gallery and albums) are all updated correctly with the list of parameters:
showThumbsButton=TRUE
screenMode=AUTO
enableKeyboardControls=TRUE
expandInNewPage=AUTO
firstImageIndex=1
showPreloader=TRUE
thumbSelectedFrameWidth=4
buttonBarPosition=TOP
buttonBarHAlign=RIGHT
showAutoPlayButton=TRUE
showAudioButton=TRUE
showNavButtons=TRUE
autoPlayThumbs=TRUE

Yet when I launch the album I get the gallery screen on the left but the album side I get the JUICBOX ERROR: CONFIG XML NOT FOUND.
I am assuming I have entered the options correctly with no quotes around the the option values and no commas after the option values.

The iframe path must be correct if it works before parameters are entered:
http://www.jsantacroce.com/albums/history/

Note if you enter this into a browser directly you only get the gallery frame and the URL has a # sign at the end of it.
If you go to www.jsantacroce.com and click on Family History you will get the iframe with the CONFIG XML error message.

I know I am close. Just not there yet.

Thanks.

Thank you for providing the URLs to your album and web page.
Your gallery XML files each have two entries for the galleryTitle.
Perhaps you entered one as a Pro Option? (The Juicebox Skin enters a galleryTitle automatically.)
Remove one galleryTitle entry from each XML file and the galleries should function OK.

5 (edited by jsantacroce 2012-11-05 02:16:17)

Thank you again for the prompt assistance.

We are close:

jalbum also has options for ShowOpenButton and ShowExpandButton and I was setting those as PRO OPTIONS as well. It took a while to figure out (deleted all options and added one by one and previewed) but I was finally able to track down all the dupes causing it to puke. So thank you for that.

Issues remaining:
- Cannot get Audio Button to show
- Cannot get audio to play (tried a full path and tried dropping the mp3 in the album folder and referecing it directly but no good). This was after uploading to the host. Not in preview mode.

Audio parameters:

• showAudioButton=true
    audioUrlMp3=history.mp3
    loopAudio=true
    playAudioOnLoad=true
    audioVolume=0.8

Also:
- Perhaps something has to cache longer for my phone to work properly (I have screenmode set to auto) but it is really bad on my iphone which is why I chose this to begin with. The gallery loaded and looks fine. Albums are unusable and go blank. Probably me I hope.

-Cannot get the expand button to show. Would like to have it go full screen in place (ala youtube type)
Parameters:
showOpenButton=true
showExpandButton=true
useFullscreenExpand=true

And last but not least. I am not sure I want to know how you were able to look at my config file. More on that later.

Thanks,

Joe..

6 (edited by jsantacroce 2012-11-05 05:03:02)

Three additional things. (One I thought I added but must not have saved)

1. If I load the gallery direct and not through an iFrame the Expand button appears. Don't know why other then maybe the iFrame or size (width=100%, height=640px).

2. I looked at some samples sites from the forum here like wholepic.com and in particular www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/ which is exactly the look and feel expecially on my iphone I would like to get. Is this possible using jlabum and any change of getting an example config.xml file or are other changes required to make that happen. I can't seem to make it work.

3. I must be nuts because I loaded some photos at the gallery level, created an album with the JuicePro interface and copied and pasted the parameters into jAlbum (After removing the quotes and tabs), and then uploaded it to my website. It worked ok with a direct link. The funny thing was although there was no audio button and although it wouldn't work with my phone at first, when I clicked on the gallery level on my phone the audio button appeared with the others and the audio played and the pictures were exactly as I wanted them on my phone, but not on my browser. So now I am more confused as to what works and how to set it up. I know the end result will get me what I want, it's just been a little painful and time consuming getting there. But I'm close. I feel it :)!

Thanks

jalbum also has options for ShowOpenButton and ShowExpandButton and I was setting those as PRO OPTIONS as well.

Only Pro Options should be entered into the ProOptions text area. Do not enter any of the Lite Options listed here.

Cannot get Audio Button to show

The Audio Button displays when I view your gallery as the last button on the Button Bar.
If you do not see this, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.

Cannot get audio to play

Your MP3 audio track plays fine in Internet Explorer. However, in order to have the audio track play in all browsers, you must also provide the it in OGG format and point towards it using the audioUrlOgg configuration option (as certain browsers have no native support for MP3 files).
Please see the Adding Audio section for details.

I am not sure I want to know how you were able to look at my config file.

I just opened the URL to your gallery's 'config.xml' file in the address bar of my browser.

If I load the gallery direct and not through an iFrame the Expand button appears. Don't know why other then maybe the iFrame or size (width=100%, height=640px).

Please see the 2) Using an iframe section of the Juicebox Embedding Guide for details.

I looked at some samples sites from the forum here like wholepic.com and in particular www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/ which is exactly the look and feel expecially on my iphone I would like to get.

The URL you quoted is a single gallery (rather than an album of several galleries linked together by the navigation tree).
Your galleries will resemble this when you click the Splash Page for each individual gallery (though you have currently set autoPlayOnLoad which will initially bypass the thumbnail page).
If you would like to create only a single gallery (rather than an album of several galleries) in jAlbum, make sure that all the images you wish to include in your gallery are in the root of your input folder and go to 'Album -> Settings -> Advanced -> General' (from the drop down menu at the top) and deselect the 'Process subdirectories' checkbox.

The funny thing was although there was no audio button and although it wouldn't work with my phone at first, when I clicked on the gallery level on my phone the audio button appeared with the others and the audio played and the pictures were exactly as I wanted them on my phone, but not on my browser.

This sounds like you browser may be hanging onto and using an older version of your gallery's XML file.
Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery to ensure that the browser fetches the latest version of your gallery's XML file from the web server.

Once again thank you for the help.

It has to be something on my end at this point because when I got home from work I did nothing but launch it into the browser and it wouldn't load and the same for my local copy. I've been cleaning out the cache regularly but that doesn't seem to help much. I've even deleted the gallery, index, and config files to force it to write knew ones but that doesn't seem to help. So right now it is not working and I am trying to figure out why.

From your responses and from what I read (and didn't know) I see that IE8 is a problem. I upgrade to IE9 a while back and had some issues with some sites and I've used Chrome and had some issues with some different sites so one size does not fit all unfortunately. I may have to break down and go with IE9. I must have mis-read because I thought for IE (as opposed to FireFox) I did not need to OGG file for Audio but I'll fix that.

That for the tip on the config.xml file and I'll pray that was only readonly access :)

I am going to try switching from the iFrame to using the embed code created by the Pro interface and copy and paste it in.

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

It has to be something on my end at this point because when I got home from work I did nothing but launch it into the browser and it wouldn't load and the same for my local copy.

Make sure that you have JavaScript enabled in your browser.
Perhaps this FAQ will help: When I view my gallery, I see a blank area. Why?

From your responses and from what I read (and didn't know) I see that IE8 is a problem.

Juicebox is fully compatible with IE8.

I must have mis-read because I thought for IE (as opposed to FireFox) I did not need to OGG file for Audio but I'll fix that.

That is correct. You do not need to supply an OGG file for IE. IE uses the MP3 track (as does Chrome and Safari). However, Firefox and Opera require an OGG file.

That for the tip on the config.xml file and I'll pray that was only readonly access :)

Yes. It is read-only, just like viewing any other web page in a browser.

I am going to try switching from the iFrame to using the embed code created by the Pro interface and copy and paste it in.

If you have created a multi-gallery album with jAlbum, then you can embed individual galleries from the album using the baseUrl method of embedding as documented here. Just be sure to point to the 'juicebox.js' file in your album's 'res/juicebox/jbcore/' folder and make sure the baseUrl points towards the correct folder within the album's output directory.

I thought for sure I read some where about an issue with IE8 but perhaps not. However, when I switched to IE9 many of my probems cleared up so whether settings or other wise that helped.

I have it sorted out for the most part and I cannot thank you enough for the great support. I would have tanked if it were not for your help. I will be keeping and using it but perhaps not in the same manner I originally intended and that's ok. I like it now that I understand some things better.

I do have one last parting questions (well, probably not the last but at least for now). With audio set to auto play and multiple nested albums\folders is there a way to have audio at the gallery level only so only one audio file is playing at a time and not stepping on each other without going into each album's config.xml and removing the individual audio files manually? Everytime I click on an album it starts playing again where I would just like to have the audio started when I launch the gallery and end when  exit the gallery.

Thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The audio functionality is part of each individual gallery and the jAlbum skin links together multiple galleries in an album.
There is no way to use the audio functionality of a single Juicebox gallery across multiple web pages (including other Juicebox galleries).
What you would need to do is embed a third-party audio player on your album's 'index.html' page.
If you wish to do so, try a web search with terms such as 'JavaScript MP3 Player' to find a suitable product.

Understood. Again, thank you.