Topic: Expand Button not showing in 1.0.2

JuiceBuilder-Pro 1.0.2
image source is a flickr set

with the Show Expand Button box checked, the expand button isn't showing.  The Open Button and Thumbs Button options work just fine.

And for the same content and configuration, it all worked with 1.0.1

What stupid thing am I doing wrong?

Thx

-j

Re: Expand Button not showing in 1.0.2

The 'Expand Button' will be displayed only if the gallery is embedded in a page at dimensions of less than 100% x 100% (smaller than the full browser window size). Otherwise, the gallery will already be displayed as large as possible (100% x 100%) and the 'Expand Button' would be redundant.

It will ONLY be displayed under those conditions?  Never if it's in a standalone page or in the Builder app preview window?  That's not how it was working before the latest release.

on version 1.0.1 i have it at 100% x 100% (within the juicebox parameters) AND embedded in a drupal site with top and bottom navigation.  and it shows the expand button and works a little something like this:

if i click on the expand button, it removes my site's nav and fills the entire browser window.  if i put the browser in full screen mode, i get a full screen slideshow.

in version 1.0.1 the expand button would also show up in the Juicebox Builder app preview.

now, before i've even embedded code (and in the Builder app preview) I see no expand button.

The behavior is different between versions.  If you've changed the feature, that's fine.  Just let me know how to get it back.  Is that to set the code to 99% x 99% for dimensions?

thanks for the prompt reply, as always, and for the great product

Is your gallery embedded in an <iframe>? If so, the 'Expand Button' will be disabled.
Instead, use the baseUrl method of embedded as documented in the Using an External Gallery Folder section of the Juicebox Embedding Guide.

hey steven

thanks for the reply and for trying to troubleshoot this

i guess i wasn't clear: i'm not even seeing the 'expand' button in the juicebox builder app, which has no option for embedding / iframe within it.  And no, when i publish a standalone html page, there is no embed option there either.

i expect that if i can get it to work in the builder app, that it will get us closer to getting it to work on published juiceboxes (is that what you call them?)

as always, thanks for trying to help me to use your product

The 'Expand Button' will not be displayed in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's live preview window when the gallery's dimensions are set to 100% x 100%. Think of the live preview window as being like a browser. The gallery is completely filling the window and cannot be made any larger so the 'Expand Button' is disabled. However, if you go on to embed this gallery in an existing web page alongside other content using the embedding code rather than and <iframe>, the 'Expand Button' will be displayed in the gallery in your web page.

The 'Expand Button' will be displayed in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's live preview window when the gallery's dimensions are set to percentages of less than 100% x 100% or to absolute pixel values.