1 (edited by paulr 2012-10-01 12:53:56)

Topic: Blurry images in Firefox

The images in my gallery look crisp at a wide range of scalings in Safari and Chrome (which seems like magic), but they look blurry at most scalings in Firefox. The image quality is fine when it's expanded to full size with the "open" button.

I'm assuming this is a firefox problem with the way Juicebox renders the responsive images.

Any fixes in the works from firefox, or workarounds from Juicebox?

A sample gallery that exhibits this problem noticeably: www.paulraphaelson.com/wilderness

Re: Blurry images in Firefox

Different browsers likely have different ideas about what the best algorithm is for dynamic rescaling of images.
Your images do not look blurry in Firefox 15.0.1 on my PC. If anything, they look a little over-sharpened and jagged lines are visible on diagonals.
It might require a little trial and error in creating your original images (perhaps by increasing the quality and reducing the sharpening) before you find a setting which produces images which look acceptable in all browsers.

Re: Blurry images in Firefox

Your images look a little softer when scaled down with Firefox versus Chrome (on OS X). As Steven mentioned this is due to the way image scaling is implemented in the browser and we cannot do much to work around it.

You do have the option to disable image scaling by setting 'imageScaleMode' to 'NONE'.