Topic: Buttons on Gallery don't work.

Hello, nice plugin but I think will never work fine.
It seems a nightmare to set.

I have issues on the gallery (grab from flickr).

On IE9 the gallery appear but the
go ahead + back + full screen + thumbnail list buttons don't work, it seems as the mouse over function is disabled.

The only thing you can do is to click on the 5 thumbnails on bottom.
Any other icons don't work.

I tried different doctype as you suggested without to fix this.

On Mozilla browsers: Safari, FF, Chrome WIN/MAC, the same.
In this case, you can see the gallery as the image attached: http://tinypic.com/r/2mfhqo9/6
If you little move the browser window size, the gallery appear fine even if, you only have the thumbnails on bottom work.

I tried to set the gallery size h:w in percent and in pixels without to fix it.

So, hope you will have a fix.
I appreciated your support, I am starting to be worry that will be impossible to fix all the issues.

Anyway, tell me please how to fix this.
Regards, Giadina

Re: Buttons on Gallery don't work.

The issue could be caused by the CSS of your current WordPress theme clashing with the CSS of the Juicebox gallery itself.
You could try temporarily changing your WordPress theme (perhaps to the default Twenty Ten theme) to see if this resolves the issue.
If is does, you could then try isolating the Juicebox gallery from the rest of your web page (to avoid such CSS clashes) by embedding the gallery using an <iframe> instead of the embedding code currently used by the WP-Juicbebox plugin. This method of embedding is documented as Option #2 here.

It would involve the following steps:
(1) Create the Juicebox gallery on your computer using a program such as JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
(2) Upload the entire gallery folder to your web server via FTP.
(3) Embed the gallery in a WordPress post using an <iframe> such as the following, ensuring that the 'src' attribute of the <iframe> points towards the 'index.html' page inside the gallery folder. Also, make sure that, when entering the <iframe> code into the body of your post, the method of entry is 'HTML' rather than 'Visual'.

<iframe src="http://www.example.com/gallery/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Hi Steven,

Thank you, You're right.
On the default theme work fine in all the browser.

I go to try to isolate the css.
Maybe could be much easy that use iframe code on each post.

Thank you, I go to try.
Regards,
Giadina

Hi Steven,

Listen, I think that on this code, to use with wordpress/flickr I need one or more value to add:
<iframe src="http://www.example.com/gallery/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

It's ok, the the src url, but like this, the plugin respond with: "Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found" of course.

Could please tell me the right code to add into the iframe in way that plugin find the gallery script and the xml file?

Thank you,
Regards,
Giadina

It's ok, the the src url, but like this, the plugin respond with: "Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found" of course.

My suggestion to embed the gallery in an <iframe> is an alternative to using the WP-Juicebox plugin. It is not possible to use WP-Juicebox in conjunction with the <iframe> embedding method.

Please see this FAQ regarding the "Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found" message.
When I view my gallery I see the message 'Config XML file not found'. How do I fix this?

When embedding a gallery into an <iframe>, here are a few pointers:

• Make your gallery's dimensions 100% x 100% (so that it fills the <iframe> no matter what its dimensions are).

• Once you have created your gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, do not modify the embedding code in the 'index.html' file and do not move or rename any files within the gallery folder.

• Upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server.

• Use an <iframe> such as the following, ensuring that the 'src' attribute of the <iframe> points towards the 'index.html' page inside the gallery folder.

Hi Steven, thanks.

I understand that the iframe option could be useful to have it as a standalone photo gallery and not as a wp-plugin alternative.
Thank you. I understand.

Regards, Giadina