Topic: IE8 Problems

Hi everyone.  I'm a bit of a novice and this is my first post.  I have made a Juicebox gallery which seems to work fine on Chrome, IE9, Safari, Opera and Firefox.  However it's not working on IE8 on an XP computer.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could suggest how to fix this.  This is the URL: http://www.vickigolden.co.uk/gallery.html

Thank you!

Re: IE8 Problems

Your gallery currently has a height expressed as 100% but it is inside a <div> alongside other content rather than by itself in a parent container whose height has been explicitly specified so the browser does not know what to make of the 100% (i.e. 100% of what?).
Change your gallery's height to a fixed pixel value and it should display OK.
Try changing:

galleryHeight: "100%",

... to something like:

galleryHeight: "600",

Thank you very much - that did work to sort out the display issue.  However, what does not happen is that the bar that appears above the thumbnails and across the bottom of the large image which showes the caption is not appearing. 

Any further help with this gratefully received.

Thanks!

The caption area does appear but is completely transparent and the captions, being white, do not show up well against your web page's background.
At first sight, it looked like there may have been a CSS clash between that of your web page and the gallery itself.
However, I have created a test gallery using the same HTML code and XML settings as your gallery does and loading the same external CSS and JavaScript files that your web page does but I have been unable to replicate the problem you experience in IE8.
Try re-uploading your gallery's 'jbcore' folder to ensure that all core files are present and correct.
Also, try setting captionBackColor="rgba(0,0,0,.5)" in your gallery's XML file.

Amazing thanks!  Really appreciate your help on this.
Juliet