Topic: Mobile - API

We're having troubles accessing the API (showImage(), for example) on the mobile devices.  It appears as though a placeholder dummy image is used on mobile, and when clicked, a full screen version is loaded.  We can use toggleExpand() to activate expanded mode, but afterwards the API methods fail. 

From what I can see, there are 2 copies of the gallery that run - one is embedded, and the other is the full screen overlay.  I'm guessing that the problem here is that the jb object we're calling these methods on is attached to the embedded gallery, and doesn't affect the full screen overlay.

On the desktop, the API works to control both copies of the gallery.  For mobile, it does not...

Also, can you shed some light on the different mobile devices, and which files they use?  iOS seems to launch full.html, while Android does not.  This makes customizing this plugin challenging.  Can you link me to some documentation about how this placeholder is loaded, where it links to, and how to access the API at that point?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Mobile - API

It appears as though a placeholder dummy image is used on mobile, and when clicked, a full screen version is loaded.

This is the Splash Page (displayed by default in Small Screen Mode) which can be disabled by setting showSplashPage="NEVER". Alternatively, you could set screenMode="LARGE" which will force the gallery to be displayed in Large Screen Mode (without the default Splash Page) on all devices and in all browsers.

On the desktop, the API works to control both copies of the gallery.  For mobile, it does not...

The developers are aware of the issue regarding the API not functioning correctly when a new window is opened for an expanded gallery on a mobile device and hopefully a solution can be found for a future release.
In the meantime, hopefully, you might be able to workaround this issue by using one of the suggestions above.