Topic: showDownloadButton in IIS/ASP [SOLVED]

A while ago I read that showDownloadButton only works when running within PHP - and so discounted using it - I've been using open in new window instead.
(I run in IIS / ASP environment)

However I recently created a gallery using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (v 1.5.1) and uploaded the gallery as is (index.html etc) - and the download button shows and works!

It doesn't seem to work in my embedded galleries where
showDownloadButton="true"
(in ASP ashx file pretending to be an xml file)

I've replaced/updated the jbcore folder

Is there an explanation for this and am I likely to get download working in embedded gallery on IIS ?

Thanks

Re: showDownloadButton in IIS/ASP [SOLVED]

However I recently created a gallery using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (v 1.5.1) and uploaded the gallery as is (index.html etc) - and the download button shows and works!

Juicebox-Pro uses the 'download' attribute (please see here for details) and browsers which support the 'download' attribute (noted here) will use this to download the image.
The PHP functionality is used as a fallback mechanism for browsers which do not support the 'download' attribute (such as Internet Explorer 11, Safari 5.1.7 on Windows and older browsers).

Therefore, PHP is required to be installed on your server to ensure that the Download Button works across all browsers.

It doesn't seem to work in my embedded galleries where
showDownloadButton="true"
(in ASP ashx file pretending to be an xml file)

If you do not have PHP installed on your server, then please check that you are using a browser which supports the 'download' attribute and also check that you do not have hotlink protection activated on your hosting account (which will prevent direct access to your images).
If you continue to experience difficulties, then please post back with the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further.
Thank you.

Maybe I wasn't clear : I have 2 situations, both hosted on the same IIS/ASP server / website
And I test both on the same browser (Google Chrome 70.0 on Windows 10)

- Gallery generated by Juicebox Builder Pro (js + html files) - download button appears and works
- Gallery coded into ASPX page using external config generated by ASHX file : download button does not appear

Maybe there's something not right with my declaration of showDownloadButton or where I've put it (config vs JS in page)

Please let me see the gallery where the Download Button does not appear.
It should not matter whether the configuration option is set in the embedding code or the XML data (whether from a static file or generated dynamically).
The problem may be something as simple as a typo in your configuration option name.
If I can see your gallery (and dynamically generated XML data), I'll be able to investigate further.
Thank you.

Ah - it's working now without me doing anything extra.
There must have been some caching when I tried it the other day after updating jbcore

I'm glad you've been able to resolve your problem.
Thank you for letting me know.