Topic: Lightroom integration [SOLVED]

Hi, I am using the Lightroom plugin. The creation and upload of the gallery does work without problems but I have some difficulties to make the integration in my website working.

In order to have a easy workflow, I would like to create the gallery in Lightroom and upload it. The website itself already has a index.html so I have to cut&paste the generated code. Furthermore I have to update the config.xml file with the proper paths, since the gallery needs to be in a subdirectory (otherwise it overrides my index.html with every upload).

Ist there a smart way to integrate what the lightroom extension uploads into my index.html without the need of manual updates every time I change something in the gallery?

Thanks!

Re: Lightroom integration [SOLVED]

If you use the baseUrl method of embedding, (documented here), then this should cut down on the amount of manual tweaking that you currently do.

If you upload the entire gallery folder (not just the contents), then the gallery's own 'index.html' file (inside the gallery folder) will not overwrite the existing 'index.html' file on your web server (which would not be inside the gallery folder).

You can then either:
(1) Open the 'index.html' file (from inside the gallery folder) in a browser to view the gallery on a web page of its own.
(2) Use the baseUrl embedding code (see link above for an example) to embed the gallery into an existing web page (such as your own custom 'index.html' file).

Either way, there will be no need to modify any paths within the 'config.xml' file.

The baseUrl embedding code is essentially the same as the regular embedding code but with a baseUrl entry pointing towards the gallery folder. The baseUrl entry can be absolute or relative (to the web page containing the embedding code).
If does not matter where on your web server you upload the gallery folder to as long as the two paths within the embedding code (the path to the 'juicebox.js' file and the baseUrl itself) are correct.

I hope this helps to cut down the number of steps in your current workflow.

Worked. Thanks!

Worked.

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.

Thanks!

You're welcome!