1 (edited by Ann 2018-06-06 03:09:05)

Topic: Using Safari when building JuiceBox Pro Galleries

A short time ago I posted a request for help but I have now found the answer for myself.

My problem was as follows:

When I viewed my gallery in Safari after I had created and saved it, I saw the message ‘Config file not found’ although it was definitely in the gallery folder.

The JuiceBox FAQ gave me a clue in that Chrome cannot open Local files while Safari should be able to.

But Safari (running on Mac OSX Sierra) must have been changed since the FAQ was written?

I dug around in Safari's Develop Menu and found a setting "Disable Local File Restrictions" which would enable Safari to open Local files.

That worked!! So now I can make Safari my Default Browser and still create and preview my JuiceBox Pro Galleries.

Previously I had had to keepFirefox as my Default which was a major pain because of infuriating excessive new security barriers which Firefox uses.

-----
I hope that the above will save some one the trouble of responding to my email asking for help!!

Re: Using Safari when building JuiceBox Pro Galleries

Thank you for sharing your experience and for posting your solution.

Unfortunately, as you have discovered, Safari has changed since the last version of Juicebox has been released.

Safari 11 (released 19 September 2017) introduced a security restriction which prevents local viewing of Juicebox galleries by default. This issue is specific to viewing galleries locally (from your computer's hard drive) and there is no such issue once the galleries have been uploaded to a web server (where they can be viewed in any modern browser).
Selecting 'Disable Local File Restrictions' from Safari 11's 'Develop' menu should, once again, allow you to view your galleries locally in Safari 11.

Incidentally, I noted this (and posted instructions on how to 'Disable Local File Restrictions') in this forum post but the information has not found its way into the FAQ section yet. I'm sure the developers will address this issue in due course.

Thanks again for posting.
I'm glad that you have been able to resolve your problem.

Thank you for responding Steven.
The  'Disable Local File Restrictions' has fixed the problem completely

Thank you for responding Steven.

You're welcome!

The  'Disable Local File Restrictions' has fixed the problem completely

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.