Topic: If I purchase PRO - Can Juicebox do this?

Hi There,

Please tell me (not sure if Juicebox PRO would do this or not) -

1) Have a gallery that is private with a "password"

In other words - password protected galleries? Can Juicebox do that?

2) Create a number of galleries within 1 juicebox? (i.e. canada, europe, travel) - otherwise I have to create each separate and then embed into my photo site.

Thanks so much. LOVE JUICEBOX! Right now I am using LITE, but very interested in PRO.

Re: If I purchase PRO - Can Juicebox do this?

1) Have a gallery that is private with a "password"

In other words - password protected galleries? Can Juicebox do that?

No. Password protection would have to be done at server level.
Try a web search with terms such as 'password protect directory htaccess' for further information.

2) Create a number of galleries within 1 juicebox? (i.e. canada, europe, travel) - otherwise I have to create each separate and then embed into my photo site.

For an automated solution to multiple-gallery support, you might like to take a look at either:

(1) svManager
This is a separate product (a PHP web application) which allows you to create and manage galleries online through a web browser interface.
You can create Juicebox galleries with svManager itself or you can create Juicebox galleries by another method (such as JuiceboxBuilder-Pro), upload them to your web server and import them into your svManager installation.
svManager creates an index page of all listed galleries comprising thumbnails which link to the individual galleries.
Here is a sample svManager index page.
You can try svManager via the online demo here.

... or:

(2) Juicebox Skin for jAlbum
jAlbum is a desktop application which allows you to create a multiple-gallery album in a single action.
When using the Juicebox skin, you can drag and drop a complete folder structure into jAlbum's main window and click 'Make Album'.
The resulting album will have a separate Juicebox gallery for each and every folder/subfolder in your input structure and all the galleries will be linked together via a JavaScript navigation tree.
Here is a sample album created by jAlbum and the Juicebox Skin.

For a manual solution to multiple-gallery support, please see the Embedding Multiple Galleries section of the 'Juicbebox - Embedding Guide' which covers 'Multiple Galleries on Separate HTML Pages' and 'Multiple Galleries on One HTML Page'.

All of the above applies equally to Juicebox-Lite and Juicebox-Pro.
Both svManager and the Juicebox skin for jAlbum can be upgraded from Lite to Pro if desired.

3 (edited by webowner 2012-09-08 17:55:59)

Hello,

Thank you so much for the reply. I think SVmanager sounds like the best alternative to create multi-galleries.

I know about jAlbum and am in contact with the founder, David Eckholm, however the program doesn't seem to run correctly on my computer - I actually just received a refund for jAlbum PRO after many attempts with David to try and get thigns to work. I didn't realize there was a juicebox skin anyhow.

I am leaning towards the purchase of Juicebox Pro with SVmanager = are there any discounts or coupons to buy both together?

Can svmanager password protect galleries? If juicebox can't?

Is it possible to link a gallery/image to an external page?

Can svmanager  and/or juicebox pro - disable right click (to stop people saving images)?

And just to be sure - everything svmanager and juicebox pro is responsive & mobile

I am using Lightroom version 3.6 and juicebox seems to work and work well. Is there any limitation, other than the pre-view window for lightroom 4 vrs 3.6 and juicebox?

Thanks for the help.

I am using Lightroom version 3.6 and juicebox seems to work and work well. Is there any limitation, other than the pre-view window for lightroom 4 vrs 3.6 and juicebox?

As far as I am aware, the Live Preview window is the only limitation when using the Juicebox plugin with Lightroom 3.
However, please note that the plugin was written for Lightroom 4 and, therefore, the use of the plugin with Lightroom 3 is not officially supported. There may be other limitations that I am not aware of.

Please see my reply to your other queries in this forum thread.