Topic: 2 questions: Gallery/Open menu and license distribution

Hello,

I have Juicebox v1.5.1 on Mac Book with Sierra 10.12.6

1. When I use the menu Gallery/Open nothing happen. I need to Click on Start and then use the button New Gallery...

2. Does the Juicebox license allows me to share the files (images, jbcore, thumbs, config.xml, index.html) of the galleries created with others people, for example zipped in a file to download, to use offline?

Thankds and Regards,

PR

Re: 2 questions: Gallery/Open menu and license distribution

1. When I use the menu Gallery/Open nothing happen. I need to Click on Start and then use the button New Gallery...

Are you saying that 'Gallery -> Open...' (from the drop-down menu at the top) and the 'Open Gallery...' button (on the 'Start' tab) both do nothing but that both 'Gallery -> New' (from the drop-down menu at the top) and the 'New Gallery...' button (on the 'Start' tab) both work as expected?
If so, it sounds like something might be blocking the 'Select Gallery Folder...' dialog window from being opened.
If you have any security software installed on your computer, try temporarily disabling it (or make an exception within it for JuiceboxBuilder-Pro) to see if this makes a difference.

Normally, if there is a problem with the 'Open Gallery...' button, then there is a problem with the 'New Gallery...' button, too.
Several users who have reported such issues have been able to resolve their problems by closing JuiceboxBUilder-Pro and manually deleting the following folders.

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
~/Library/Preferences/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro

Also, please take a look at this forum thread in case any information within it helps.

2. Does the Juicebox license allows me to share the files (images, jbcore, thumbs, config.xml, index.html) of the galleries created with others people, for example zipped in a file to download, to use offline?

Unfortunately, the Terms of Use do not allow redistribution of the the source code (which is within the 'jbcore' folder). Here's the relevant quote:

Redistributing or reselling the Juicebox source code is prohibited.

A Single-Site license would allow you to use Juicebox in an offline environment (for example, in a kiosk at an event or on an intranet) but you would not be able to distribute galleries which include the 'jbcore' folder.

Thank you for your answers.

1. Oups! Sorry... What's wrong with me...I mean the Open gallery... button

So: 'Gallery -> Open...' (from the drop-down menu at the top) doesn't work and the 'Open Gallery...' button (on the 'Start' tab) works.

2. Ok.

Thanks again,

PR

So: 'Gallery -> Open...' (from the drop-down menu at the top) doesn't work and the 'Open Gallery...' button (on the 'Start' tab) works.

That's weird. I'm pretty sure both options will call the same function.
At least you have a workaround (use the 'Open Gallery...' button instead of the 'Gallery -> Open...' menu option).

Out of interest, does the 'Gallery -> New' menu option work?

I'm really not sure what might be causing this problem. I still think there's a chance that something might be blocking the 'Select Gallery Folder...' pop-up dialog window from being opened but why this would happen via the drop-down menu but not via the button on the 'Start' tab is a bit of a mystery.

Have you tried my two suggestions above yet (to temporarily disable any security software and manually delete the two folders I listed)?
Also, please try completely uninstalling JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and then reinstalling the application to see if this helps.

'Gallery -> New' seems to work: if there is a gallery open it's closed and I get a blank JuiceBulder-Pro screen.

I have found today that if I first click on Start to get the screen with the two buttons (New Gallery... Open Gallery...) then use the Gallery/Open menu, it's working. But if I use first the menu Gallery/New, even that the Start tab is selected, if I use the Gallery/Open menu, when I select a gallery, it doesn't open.

Sorry, didn't try your two suggestions: right now I'm to busy and as long I can open the galleries, it's fine for me. I just wanted to let you know about this (not really a) problem.

Thank you for the additional notes.

I have now been able to reproduce the problem that you reported (summary below) and have notified the developers who will investigate further and hopefully fix the issue for a future version.

In the meantime, as you have discovered, you can open a gallery via the 'Open Gallery...' button on the 'Start' tab.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Steps to reproduce problem:
(1) Open JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
(2) Go to 'Gallery -> New' from the drop-down menu at the top or click the 'New Gallery...' button on the 'Start' tab
(3) Go to 'Gallery -> Open...' from the drop-down menu at the top
(4) Select a gallery in the 'Select Gallery Folder...' pop-up dialog window -> gallery does not open