Topic: Simpleviewer => Juicebox conversion // Config.xml

Dear Juicebox,

as the era of Flash is coming to an end, I was thinking of rebuilding my old simpleviewer galleries into juicebox-lite galleries. I found this thread here which says:

"Juicebox can read a SimpleViewer gallery's 'gallery.xml' file so you wouldn't need to alter the contents of the configuration file (although you'd need to rename it to 'config.xml' or add a configUrl to the Juicebox embedding code)"

(source: https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2556)

I did try this, however, it doesn't seem to be working. The problem is that the JB UI load up with all features, nevertheless, there are no pictures; just forever-loading spinner...I tested it with the original (i.e. Juicebox) config.xml and worked fine so the problem must be in the config file...

I just want to double-check - does JB really work with simpleviewer gallery.xml file?

My gallery xml looks as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewerGallery maxImageWidth="480" maxImageHeight="480" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="20" stagePadding="40" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="left" title="Title" enableRightClickOpen="true" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="" thumbPath="">
<image>
    <filename>foto_0.jpg</filename>
    <caption></caption>    
</image>

</simpleviewerGallery>

Thank you for any suggestions!

Best,

P.

Re: Simpleviewer => Juicebox conversion // Config.xml

JuiceboxBuilder can convert only SimpleViewer v2.0 or later galleries. From the code you posted, it looks like your gallery's configuration file might be a SimpleViewer v1.9 (or earlier) gallery.
SimpleViewer v2.0 (released on 10 December 2009) was written from the ground up as a replacement for v1.x and uses a different style of configuration file.
SimpleViewer v2.x no longer uses the imagePath or thumbPath options or <filename> tags, instead opting for an <image> tag with imageURL and thumbURL attributes.
It is very likely that, due to these differences, JuiceboxBuilder cannot find your SimpleViewer gallery's images.

Unfortunately, there's no easy fix for this and it might just be quicker for you to recreate your galleries with JuiceboxBuilder from scratch.

I realise that this may not be the answer you were looking for but I hope that it at least clarifies things for you so that you can move on with your project without persevering with something that just won't work.

Hey, thanks for clarifying! I'm sure I'll find a way...Thanks for the amazing working you are doing!

Best,

P.

You're welcome!

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to convert a SimpleViewer v1 XML file into the SimpleViewer v2 format (so that the gallery can be converted to Juicebox) but there are many ways to create Juicebox galleries (please see here for details) so I hope you find one that's quick and easy for you.