Topic: Back button on small Thumbs page

Using Juicebox Pro.

When viewing a gallery in small screen mode (e.g. on a phone) there is no navigation option to return to the referring page from the thumbs page. There is a back button once an image is selected and opened, but not on the thumbs page.

I have been searching the forum and found the following in a previous reply

The Small Screen Mode's thumbnail page usually includes a 'Close Gallery' button (unless explicitly disabled) for the user to return to the embedding page (where the Splash Page usually is).

Not sure if this is what I need, but I do not see this on my galleries, nor can I find where to enable/disable it in settings?

In that same thread I saw that the OP was able to solve his issue, but I have no idea how he achieved this or where he implemented the changes?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated please.
thanks, Graham

Re: Back button on small Thumbs page

By default, if a gallery is embedded into an existing web page alongside other content and viewed in Small Screen Mode (on a mobile device), then the Splash Page will initially be displayed and, when tapped/clicked, the gallery will be expanded to show the thumbnail page where the 'Close Gallery' button will be visible in the top right corner.
Here's an example (which you can open in a desktop browser as Small Screen Mode is forced in this demo): https://juicebox.net/demos/pro/embedded … Mode=SMALL
Tap/click the Splash Page and you'll see the 'Close Gallery' button in the top right corner of the thumbnail page.

However, if you link directly to a full-browser gallery on a page of its own, then there will be no 'Close Gallery' button (as the gallery will not have been expanded).
If this is the case and you'd like a link on your gallery's thumbnail page, then you could perhaps use the Gallery Title (displayed above the thumbnails).
You can use HTML formatting in the Gallery Title (as noted in this FAQ) so, as an example, you could enter a Gallery Title such as the following into the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro interface (in the 'Customize -> Lite' section).

<a href="http://www.example.com/index.html">Click here to return to main page.</a>

Just change the text and URL as necessary.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Steven,
Yep I think that makes sense.
Just to check here is a link to the site that I am developing, it is still a work in progress.
http://grahammercer.com.au/galleries.htm
Currently the only live gallery is Egypt, clicking there will take you to the sub gallery page for Egypt, of which Cairo is the only active link.
It is this gallery page when viewed on a phone (small screen mode) that I would like a 'back' button to appear.
If I understand you correctly this is only possible by modifying the gallery title to use as a back link.

Graham :)

Thank you for providing the link to your website. (Great pictures of Egypt, by the way!)

Your gallery is, indeed, a full-browser gallery which does not need to be expanded, so there is no 'Close Gallery' button.

If I understand you correctly this is only possible by modifying the gallery title to use as a back link.

Technically, this is not the only way to to provide a link on the Small Screen Mode thumbnail page but it is by far the easiest method. Another possible method would be to use CSS to overlay a custom link on top of the gallery (which, if you wanted the link to appear only on the thumbnail page, might be quite complex to implement). I'd stick to the Gallery Title method which is easy to implement and clean in operation (with no potential problems to overcome which might be the case if you try to implement a manual solution).

Incidentally, if you like, you could post your suggestion (for the 'Back Button' to be present in the Small Screen Mode thumbnail page) in the Feature Requests forum thread.
This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they are not overlooked by the developers.
I do not know the likelihood of any suggestions being implemented but this is certainly the best place for all ideas.
Thank you.

Thanks I will put something in the feature request area. :)

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Feature Requests forum thread.

I hope you get on OK implementing my suggestion to use the Gallery Title as a link (if you decide to do so).
If you encounter any problems, then just let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.