Topic: Upgrade from Simple Viewer Pro

Hello Steven

I am currently still using Simple Viewer Pro and Gallery SV that I purchased back in 2012, cost $80... I last contacted you back in 2013/14 as I had noticed that the gallery didn't work over 3G. That is still the case and the problem was never resolved. I didn't have time back then to sort it out and so just continued with it. I am finally getting around to trying to sort this problem out now and I am wondering what the best option is for me to go forward? Can you advise on the best product and whether I would be entitled to some kind of discount on the change over in view of the problems I have experienced for so long.

Kind regards,
Adrian
www.thelightdirection.co.uk

Re: Upgrade from Simple Viewer Pro

... the gallery didn't work over 3G.

Please see this FAQ regarding the 3G/4G problem with SimpleViewer:
Why can't I view my gallery on a 3G mobile connection?

I'm not sure what might have been proposed at the time but the solution in the FAQ should certainly solve this problem.

Can you advise on the best product and whether I would be entitled to some kind of discount on the change over in view of the problems I have experienced for so long.

With all the problems facing Flash at the moment and its imminent demise, I would recommend switching to our HTML 5 image viewer: Juicebox.
Please see this blog entry entitled "The End of Flash and What this Means for SimpleViewer." for more information.
I have written more about the issue in this forum post.

... and whether I would be entitled to some kind of discount on the change over in view of the problems I have experienced for so long.

As an existing SimpleViewer-Pro user, you are entitled to a 30% discount off the cost of Juicebox-Pro.
If you'd like to purchase Juicebox-Pro at the reduced rate, just let me know and I'll send you an email with further details.

Hi Steven

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, that was the same thing that you suggested at the time, the .htaccess code. But that didn't work, and I just didn't have the time back then to chase it up any further. I'd contacted BT and I had had several e-mail conversations with you but that was as far as we got.

Yes, I think a move to Juicebox is probably the way to go. If that's what you recommend.

Can you e-mail me with the details.

Many thanks,
Adrian

Yes, that was the same thing that you suggested at the time, the .htaccess code. But that didn't work, and I just didn't have the time back then to chase it up any further.

The solution in the FAQ really should work (I know of no other way to prevent content modification over a 3G/4G connection) and content modification will have the same effect on Juicebox (and many other websites which rely heavily on JavaScript) so if using 3G/4G really is the source of your problem, then you might need to resolve your problem before going forward with Juicebox. However, if the solution in the FAQ does not work for you, then this suggests that the problem may lie elsewhere (perhaps a Flash related issue).
We have a similar FAQ for Juicebox here:
Why can't I view my gallery on a 3G mobile connection?

If you'd like to switch from SimpleViewer to Juicebox, then I would recommend trying Juicebox-Lite (the free version) first. You can download Juicebox-Lite from the Download Page.
Try creating a Juicebox-Lite galley (check out our Getting Started guide), uploading it to your web server and viewing it over a 3G/4G connection to see how you get on.
If the gallery does not display, then the problem is almost certainly with 3G/4G and you might need to contact your 3G/4G provider and/or web host to see if they can help further.
However, if the gallery does display, then you should have no problem upgrading from Juicebox-Lite to Juicebox-Pro.

Please check your email. I have sent you a message regarding Juicebox-Pro and the discount for SimpleViewer-Pro users.