Topic: 'Juicebox Error: Config file not found' when opening gallery [SOLVED]

Hi,

I hope you guys can help me with the following problem:

I have JuiceBoxBuilder Pro running on MacOX 10.11.6 and it was running fine until a few days ago. But now the following happens and I haven't found a solution to it neither here nor somewhere else:

- If I create a new gallery with a couple of pics and with default settings and then go to 'Gallery' -> 'Preview', the browser opens but  instead of the gallery, I only see the message "Juicebox Error: Config file not found". See the attached picture.

- The same happens if I save the gallery, close JuiceBoxBuilder and then try to open the gallery via opening the index.html file

- All previously saved galleries that I have on my hard drive that have been created when JuiceBoxBuilder Pro was still running without this problem are now also showing this issue if I open their index.html file

- The uploaded online versions of those earlier created galleries run without (!) issues

- I didn't do any manual modifications to any path or config settings

- The only thing that I had done which could have triggered this problem was that I was saving a preset and seeing that the presets are getting saved by default in a sub-folder of the 'Documents' folder. So I was moving that folder somewhere else. But then I saw that JuiceBoxBuilder re-creates that folder each time you run the program. Maybe there were some hidden files/configuration that I accidentally deleted.   

I already de-installed JuiceBoxBuilder Pro 1.5 and re-installed version 1.5.1. This didn't solve the problem. There must be some setting somewhere else in the system that need to be re-set.

I hope you guys can help me because now I can't use this program anymore :-(

Thanks,

Schoerny

Re: 'Juicebox Error: Config file not found' when opening gallery [SOLVED]

It sounds like you might be using Safari 11 as your default browser.
Unfortunately, Safari 11 (released 19 September 2017) has introduced a new security restriction which now prevents the local viewing of Juicebox galleries by default.
Please see this forum post for a full explanation and a workaround.
Selecting 'Disable Local File Restrictions' from Safari 11's 'Develop' menu (full instructions in the link above) should, once again, allow you to view your galleries locally in Safari.

Hi Steven,

Applying the workaround helped. Thanks a lot. Looks like me playing around with the Presets folder had nothing to do with this, but rather my recent upgrade to Safari 11....

I would recommend you guys to add this workaround to your FAQ page because you will probably get this question a lot if more people upgrade to Safari 11.

Thanks again!

Schoerny

You're welcome.
I'm glad you've been able to get it working. Thank you for letting me know.