Topic: Error hander for 'Flickr Images Not Found' ?

Hello Forum,

I set up a webpage that shows my flickr images.
I use php to manipulate the config.xml to show images with different tags depending on which link is clicked.
Also a user can enter a tag in a searchform and the corresponding images are loaded from flickr.
Everything works fine, but there is (of course!) an error 'Flickr Images Not Found' when the entered tag does not exist on flickr.

I hope that there is a possibility to handle that case. So that instead of the juicebox errorpage I can show my own page or give the user a possibility to react to this. e.g. go back to the homepage or enter another search item.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry for my bad english, hope you get my issue.

Morello

Re: Error hander for 'Flickr Images Not Found' ?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to customize Juicebox error messages or to hook into the error handling to intercept the error messages and redirect the site visitor to a custom page or run your own code.

As your gallery shows your own Flickr images, you know in advance what Flickr tags are in use so perhaps the best course of action would be to validate the tags entered by the site visitor (check what the user enters against a known array of valid tags) before loading the gallery (i.e. only load the gallery if the tags entered are valid).

I hope this suggestion helps.

Hej,

thanx for answering so quickly!

That is what I expected :-(
But isn't it a suggestion to think about for further updates? ;-)

I'm going to implement a solution which you, Steven, proposed.
Therefore I'm using a PHP/Ajax livesearch variant.

For those who are interested: Tutorial from w3schools.com:
https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_ajax_livesearch.asp

Morello

thanx for answering so quickly!

You're welcome!

But isn't it a suggestion to think about for further updates? ;-)

Please feel free to post suggestions for future versions in the Feature Requests forum thread.
This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they are not overlooked by the developers.
Thank you.

I'm going to implement a solution which you, Steven, proposed.
Therefore I'm using a PHP/Ajax livesearch variant.

I'm glad you've found a suitable workaround for your problem.
Thank you for letting me know.