Topic: Do not auto-expand to full screen in desktop

On desktop screen, if I click on the album, it automatically expands to full screen and says "Press ESC to exit full screen".

What is the setting I need to change to make this expand-to-full-screen on desktop optional by the user and not automatic?

(Meantime, I 'd like to keep this auto-expand feature on mobile devices.)

Re: Do not auto-expand to full screen in desktop

It sounds like you are using the Splash Page in Large Screen Mode. When the Splash Page is clicked, the gallery expands using the useFullscreenExpand and expandInNewPage values.

Make sure you set screenMode="AUTO" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> General' section) and showSplashPage="AUTO" ('Customize -> Splash Page') and the Splash Page will not be used when the gallery is displayed in Large Screen Mode. A visitor to your web site will then be able to expand the gallery by clicking the Expand Button on the Button Bar (as long as you set showExpandButton="TRUE" and do not set buttonBarPosition="NONE").

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post back with the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look at its configuration options and hopefully help further.

Thank you! Problem solved.

Your suggestion made the album not to auto-expand to full screen. That's nice.

But meantime...

the Splash Button Text, Splash Title and Image Count disappeared from the first image. I would prefer to keep these infos displayed. Any way to do that and still not auto-expand?

The Splash Page was designed to be a placeholder for the gallery in Small Screen Mode (essentially an image link with some information) where the gallery may be too small to be useable (on small screen devices) if it is embedded into a web page. When the Splash Page is clicked (or tapped), the gallery is expanded to give the images as much room to be displayed as possible.

You can still use the Splash Page in Large Screen Mode if you like (by setting showSplashPage="ALWAYS") but the Splash Page's functionality will remain the same.

There is a little more information about the Splash Page in the Screen Modes section of the Gallery Tour.

There is no way to override how the Splash Page functions in a Juicebox gallery and it sounds like you might need to create your own custom version of the Splash Page in your web page and load your gallery in its place when it is clicked.
This would certainly be possible but knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript will likely be required (and it would be much easier to work with the available configuration options to reach a compromise).