Topic: Problems on mobile devices

Hi, hope you can help me with some issues I'm having viewing the galleries in mobile phones. They are embedded in a web page.

1. Instead of the traditional "splash page" (see https://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/splash/ ), I'm getting a thumbnails table. My config file is set to splash page AUTO.

2. Also, IF the splash page was shown as before, is there a way to insert a "back to page" button for the user to touch and get back to the original web page where the gallery was inserted.

3. Whenever I slide my finger down the page, I get "stuck" in the gallery. I can't go up or down the page unless there is some other part of the page visible.

4. The captions which are set to "overlay" the image, are shown separately with a wide blank space between them and the image.

This is the link to the page I'm talking about http://adrianmueblesinfantiles.com.uy/t … bles2.html

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

P.S.: BTW, I had already posted about this earlier but my topic doesn't show in the list :/

Re: Problems on mobile devices

1. When I view your gallery on my own iOS mobile device, I see the Splash Page (rather than a thumbnail page showing a grid of thumbnails). If you have changed your gallery's configuration options recently, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your gallery's web page to ensure that your browser is fetching the latest gallery files from your server (instead of perhaps using older cached versions).

2. After a gallery has been expanded from the Splash Page, the user can click the Expand/Close Button (on the gallery's Button Bar) to return to the embedding page. Just be sure to set showExpandButton="TRUE" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Lite' section). You'll also need to make sure that you do not set buttonBarPosition="NONE" ('Customize -> Button Bar'). You can see the Expand/Close button in the top right corner after expanding this demo gallery from its Splash Page.

3. It can sometimes be difficult to scroll past an embedded gallery. If you initiate a scrolling swipe on a gallery, then unless you are very precise with your up or down motion, the gesture may be interpreted by Juicebox as the start of a navigation swipe (to go 'previous' or 'next' on a thumbnail page or a main image). This will not be a problem when the Splash Page is displayed. It may only be a problem when the gallery is embedded without the Splash Page (screenMode="LARGE" or showSplashPage="NEVER").

4. captionPosition is a Large Screen Mode configuration option only. (This is noted in the description for captionPosition in the Caption Options section of the Config Options page). In Small Screen Mode (on mobile devices), captionPosition is always set to OVERLAY (where the caption area sits at the foot of the gallery and spans the width of the gallery). This gives the captions as much room as possible on mobile devices.

I notice that your gallery currently uses Juicebox-Pro v1.4.3.2. You might like to try upgrading your gallery to the latest version (v1.5.0) as many bugs have been fixed (and new features introduced) since v1.4.3.2. (Depending on the mobile device you are using to view your galleries, this might help with your first query above.) For reference, a list of changes between versions can be found on the Version History page. Full instructions on how to download the current version and upgrade existing galleries can be found on the Upgrading Juicebox support page.

Steven, thanks so much for your prompt reply. It's been most helpful.

As you said, I must have had a cached version of my page as now I'm seeing the splash page as intended. :) With it, most of my problems viewing from a mobile have been solved.

Thanks again!

You're welcome!
I'm glad to hear that clearing your browser cache has helped.
Thank you for letting me know.