Topic: Direct links query

Feature request:

Control of hashlinking, ability to turn it off when you don't need it

Re: Direct links query

@arachnid

The hash will only appear in the URL automatically (when loading a gallery or selecting a new image) if enableDirectLinks="TRUE".
However, at the moment, you will still be able to manually enter a hash value in a URL (to directly access an image) even if enableDirectLinks="FALSE". This has been logged as a bug and should hopefully be addressed in a future version.

Steven @ Juicebox wrote:

@arachnid

The hash will only appear in the URL automatically (when loading a gallery or selecting a new image) if enableDirectLinks="TRUE".
However, at the moment, you will still be able to manually enter a hash value in a URL (to directly access an image) even if enableDirectLinks="FALSE". This has been logged as a bug and should hopefully be addressed in a future version.

I have turned off Enable Direct Links in all my galleries. But it is still working when there is a hashnumber in the URL. I understand from you that this is a bug.

I do have another javascript making use of hashlinking and juicebox is interfering with the #2 or other number in the URL. In the past I had turned off the hash linking in this javascript (liquid-slider) but now I do need it for the menu. My workaround is to load picture one with ShowImage after.

Please, drop this request

Please, drop this request

OK. No problem. I've moved this query into its own thread (rather than the Feature Requests forum) as it's a known bug.

I have turned off Enable Direct Links in all my galleries. But it is still working when there is a hashnumber in the URL. I understand from you that this is a bug.

That is correct. Currently, a hash identifier in the URL will display the specified image, even with enableDirectLinks="FALSE".
As I mentioned, this has been logged as a bug and should hopefully be fixed in a future version.

I'm glad you've found a workaround. Thank you for letting me know.

Another possible workaround (if you need to specify a number in the URL but don't want Juicebox to use it) would be to use a query string (e.g. ?number=2) instead of a hash (e.g. #2) for your own custom function.

I realise that you have already implemented your own custom function using the hash identifier and would need to rewrite the function to make use of the query string instead but it might help others who are still working on their site and have not yet implemented their own 'number in URL' functionality.

[Query moved from Feature Requests forum to new thread.]