Topic: Wide thumbnails still truncated in Lightroom plugin 1.1.1

Although the release notes for 1.1.1 claim that the thumbnail truncation problem has been fixed, it hasn't. The lightroom plugin 1.1.1 shows partial thumbs only.

E.g. a 7300(Hor)x3100(Vert) pixel image results in a truncated thumbnail that only uses about 75% of the width - the other 25% is simply black. Extreem panos (aspect ratio 5:1 or more) result in a completely empty thumbnail.

Otherwise, very nice HTML5 gallery.

stefaan

Re: Wide thumbnails still truncated in Lightroom plugin 1.1.1

I have just tried creating a Juicebox gallery with the Lightroom plugin (v1.1.1).
I used a 7300 x 3100 image. The generated thumbnail size was 127 x 54.
The thumbnail does look truncated in the Live Preview Window (black area to the right-hand side of the image) but looks OK when the gallery is viewed in desktop browsers.
With a 5000 x 1000 image, the generated thumbnail is 128 x 26 and is completely blank in the Live Preview Window but, again, looks OK when the gallery is viewed in desktop browsers.
I have now logged a bug report. Thank you for reporting.

Steven,

thanks for very quick reply. You're right, only the LR preview is truncated.

However, I see another issue with wide thumbnails - they take up the full width, but image quality is very low. I assume the 128x26 thumbnail from the example above is first scaled up by 3x to roughly 390x85, and then truncated to 85x85 ? The result is a very blotchy thumbnail with almost zero detail.

Is there any way to increase the default thumbnail size generated by lightroom? generating thumbs with short edge = 85 would solve the issue.

thanks - I really like juicebox and  will definitely buy the pro version

stefaan

As far as I am aware, there is no user-controllable way to set the actual dimensions of the thumbnails in the Lightroom plugin.
However, as an addition to the bug report I previously logged, I have suggested that the thumbnails be resized so that the smallest dimension (width or height) is 85px (though I do not know if this is actually possible).