Topic: iframe

I have an app where I can drop html sections in wysiwyg (Blocs), so want to use iframe insert.
My gallery folder is called "jb-details", and is in with all my site folders in their own folder "APS woodwork".

Should the iframe code be
<iframe src="jb-main/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
or
<iframe src="APS woodwork/jb-main/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
I can't get either to work.
The images are loaded from Flickr if that makes a difference.
Current working well tho (at http://www.apswoodwork.uk/detailed-photos.html) but I have to add code avery time I edit my site.
With saved iframe code it would be much easier.

Many thanks,
Andy

Re: iframe

My gallery folder is called "jb-details", and is in with all my site folders in their own folder "APS woodwork".

I'm not sure where the 'jb-main' folder (from both of your sample iframes) comes from.
The 'src' attribute of your iframe should point towards the 'index.html' file within your gallery folder.
The 'src' attribute can be relative (to the web page containing the iframe code) or absolute in the form http://www.example.com/gallery/index.html

For example, if your gallery folder is named 'jb-details' and you have uploaded the entire folder (not just the contents) to the root directory of your web space, then you could use either of the following:

<iframe src=" http://www.apswoodwork.uk/jb-details/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe src=" /jb-details/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

The leading slash in the second example denotes your root directory.
If you want to use a relative path, then the path will depend on the location of the page containing the iframe code.

Here's another example.
If your gallery folder is named 'jb-details' and you have uploaded the entire folder to another folder named 'APS woodwork' (which is in the root directory of your web space) and you are looking to load the gallery into an iframe in a web page in your root directory, then you could use:

<iframe src=" http://www.apswoodwork.uk/APS woodwork/jb-details/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe src=" /APS woodword/jb-details/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe src=" APS woodwork/jb-details/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

I hope this helps.

Hi.
Because I have several galleries, and they have the same name when I create them in Juicebox pro, I rename them (jb-main, jb-details, etc) and add them to my root directory.
I assume this is what you refer to as the 'gallery folder'.
I tried the 2nd example above, but didn't add the /before jb-xxx.
I'll try again.
Thanks, Andy

I assume this is what you refer to as the 'gallery folder'.

Yes. Your 'jb-main', 'jb-details' etc., folders are your gallery folders.
As noted in the Common Terms support section, the gallery folder is defined as follows:

Gallery Folder - this is the folder that contains the index.html file, config.xml file, gallery images and thumbnails and the jbcore folder.

I tried the 2nd example above, but didn't add the /before jb-xxx.

The leading slash denotes your root directory so, as long as your gallery folders ('jb-main', 'jb-details' etc.) are in your root directory, a path such as '/jb-main/index.html' should work fine (from any page within your web site).

Thanks for help. Works ok but as described has limited functionality and not as straightforward as I hoped.

Thanks for help.

You're welcome.

Works ok but as described has limited functionality...

That's true. There are limitations to loading Juicebox galleries into iframes. They are listed in the Using an External Gallery Folder support section (scroll down to "2) Using an iframe").

I would recommend embedding Juicebox galleries directly into web pages using the embedding code presented on JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Publish' tab (also noted in the Embedding in a HTML Page support section) where possible for full functionality.

That's true. There are limitations to loading Juicebox galleries into iframes.
What are the reasons for this limitation.

For example, when embedding a gallery in an iframe, the 'Expand Gallery' and 'Fotomoto Shopping Cart' buttons are disabled and the 'Back Button' will not work.

If a gallery is loaded into an iframe and expanded, it would fill only the iframe (not the entire browser window).
The Fotomoto popup window appear in the iframe and as it is rather large, the iframe may not be large enough to accommodate it.
Also, the Back Button navigation would be confined to the iframe.

Yet the juicebox-1.4.1 version allowed Expand Gallery in an iFrame and I used frequently and it was effective.
The Full-Screen API is now supported by all recent desktop browsers, including IE11. There’s little support on mobile, but those browsers normally run in an almost full-screen view.

Out of interest, I've just loaded a Juicebox-Pro v1.4.1 gallery into an iframe and the Expand Button seems to be disabled in this version (just like in v1.5.0).

The Expand Button is disabled by design when the gallery is loaded into an iframe to avoid a lot of potential problems.

There are several things to consider such as the values of useFullscreenExpand and expandInNewPage and the browsers and devices being used to display the gallery. (Please see the Expand Gallery Behavior for some more information. Expanding a gallery can be quite complicated!)

Also, not all users will be using up-to-date browsers which support the Fullscreen API (perhaps in corporate environments).
Juicebox supports IE 7 and later so we need to be sure that our user base will not encounter any unexpected or unusual behavior in older browsers. IE 7 is certainly a bit long in the tooth now but the Fullscreen API was first supported by IE in version 11 and there seems to be more than a few people still using IE 8, IE 9 and IE 10 (over 10% of the total browser market share).

I would normally recommend that you use the current version of Juicebox-Pro but if you find that Juicebox-Pro v1.4.1 works for you and you are not affected by any bugs which have since been fixed in subsequent versions, then you are certainly free to continue using v1.4.1.