1 (edited by jeanlouis.gle 2016-10-21 11:53:10)

Topic: Arrow problem

The "back arrow" which should go to the previous image and next are not displayed correctly. The icon is working correctly, but the > and > symbol is not display.
On my galery here it is correct : (scroll a little bit)
http://www.az-co.com/pages/page_01/page … index.html
On another galery no way ! : (scroll a little bit)
http://www.saintam.com/
What is the problem and what can I do ?
I tryed plenty things as substitute the galery, change the size of the pictures, etc. without results.
Thanks in advance

Re: Arrow problem

The icons in a Juicebox gallery are characters in a custom font named 'juicebox'.

The 'juicebox' font that the gallery uses is being overridden by the following CSS code on your web page:

.arrondi.ombre table tr td div div {
    font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;
}

The gallery's location in your web page matches the selectors in the CSS above and the gallery is, therefore, inheriting this code.

Maybe the easiest way to protect against this would be to open your gallery's 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file in a plain text editor, scroll down to line 31 and change:

font-family: 'juicebox';

... to:

font-family: 'juicebox' !important;

Otherwise, you could use further CSS selectors to target only those elements on your web page which require your custom font (although the suggestion above should work and is easier to implement).

Incidentally, I notice that your gallery currently uses Juicebox-Pro v1.4.1. (the line number above refers to this version).
You might like to upgrade to the current version (v1.5.0) as many bugs have been fixed (and new features added) since v1.4.1.
Please see the Version History for a list of changes between versions.
Full details on how to download the latest version and how to upgrade existing galleries can be found on the Upgrading Juicebox support page.
To upgrade your gallery, all you would need to do is replace your gallery's 'jbcore' folder with the 'jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro v1.5.0 zip package ('juicebox_pro_1.5.0/web/jbcore/').

If you want to make the adjustment above to v1.5.0, then the line to change in the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file is line 18.

Also, I notice that your web page contains HTML errors.
For example, your web page has two closing </head> tags and two opening <body> tags.
You can check the code on your web page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix the errors reported.
Once the code on your webpage validates correctly, your web page should be rendered with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.

3 (edited by jeanlouis.gle 2016-10-22 07:17:40)

Hi Steven,
Great answer ! Many thanks. You know, yesterday I tried again to resolve this "arrow problem". I exchanged the files from gallery where arrows are displayed correctly inside the gallery where arrows are failed. And when I exchange the folder "jbcore" the arrows are working ! Nevertheless, I don't know which folder or files was involved. Now, with yours clear explanations I know exactly what and where was the problem.
About version 1.5.0 : (I am on OS X 10.9.5)
I download juicebox_pro_1.5.0 then I installed juiceboxbuilder-Pro.air but the new version was sent inside my Lightroom 6.0 ! It's not really a problem, but I don't know how to get the lines <!--START & END JUICEBOX EMBED--> to insert my gallery inside the page of my Website !
So, I have JBB 1.4.1 "as alone" and I would like to upgrade it, but how can I do this opération ?
About html errors :
First of all, thanks to you to point me these html errors, and I will correct them with W3C
Thanks again Steven and best regards
Jean Louis

I download juicebox_pro_1.5.0 then I installed juiceboxbuilder-Pro.air but the new version was sent inside my Lightroom 6.0 !

Running the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.air' installation file cannot (and will not) install the Lightroom plugin.
The two are completely unrelated (as far as installation code goes).
Please try again. Afterwards, you can check your version of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro from 'Help -> About JuiceboxBuilder-Pro...' from the drop-down menu at the top.

To upgrade JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, run the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.air' installation file (from inside the Juicebox-Pro v1.5.0 zip package): juicebox_pro_1.5.0/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.air
If you are having problems installing JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, try uninstalling your older version (v1.4.1) first.
For reference, the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro User Guide can be found here.

For anyone interested, instructions for installing the Lightroom plugin can be found on the plugin's support page.

It's not really a problem, but I don't know how to get the lines <!--START & END JUICEBOX EMBED--> to insert my gallery inside the page of my Website !

If using the Lightroom plugin to create a gallery that you want to embed, you can grab the necessary embedding code from the gallery's 'index.html' file (which you can open in a plain text editor to view its contents).
Otherwise, you can just use the generic embedding code found in the Embedding Guide and just change the gallery dimensions and background color as necessary.

I hope this helps.