1 (edited by seb 2016-10-16 18:25:16)

Topic: Juicebox crashing

Hi,

When I go to open an existing gallery, Juicebox keeps freezing - or rather comes back as "not responding" This has started to happen since I upgraded to Windows 10 - no surprise!

I haven't actually got a full version of the latest App as I updated my original copy (V. juicebox_pro_1.4.4.2)  from your update emails. Where can I get a full copy of the app so that I can try to re-install....if you think that this would cure the problem.

Cheers,

Seb

Re: Juicebox crashing

You can download a fresh copy of Juicebox-Pro using the link from your purchase email.
The link always points towards the latest version (currently v1.5.0) rather than the version you purchased.
You'll find the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro installation file inside the Juicebox-Pro zip package ('juicebox_pro_1.5.0/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.air').
Full instructions for downloading the latest version can be found on the Upgrading Juicebox support page.

With regard to your problem, it would certainly be worthwhile trying a complete uninstall and reinstall of both JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and Adobe AIR. There are no known incompatibilities between JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, Adobe AIR and Windows 10 and I have not encountered such a problem myself (on a Windows 10 PC) but starting afresh might help.

You can download the latest version of Adobe AIR (currently v23.0) from this web page.

Please try the following procedure:

(1) Uninstall JuiceboxBuilder-Pro using the uninstaller in the 'Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program...' list.

(2) After uninstalling JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, please check that there are no files are left behind by manually deleting the following folders from your hard drive (if they exist):
C:\Program Files (x86)\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
C:\Users\your_username\My Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
You may need to show hidden files to find some of the above locations in Windows Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … dden-files

(3) Uninstall Adobe AIR using the uninstaller in the 'Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program...' list.

(4) Reinstall Adobe AIR by right clicking the 'AdobeAIRInstaller.exe' installation file and selecting 'Run as administrator'.

(5) Reinstall JuiceboxBuilder-Pro following the instructions here.

Hopefully this will help.

If you continue to experience difficulties, then see if the problem occurs when trying to open the sample 'web' gallery from the Juicebox-Pro v1.5.0 zip package ('juicebox_pro_1.5.0/web/'). If you can open the sample 'web' gallery but not your own galleries, then the problem might somehow be unique to your own galleries. If this is the case, then perhaps you could zip a gallery, upload it somewhere and provide a download link so that I can try to replicate the problem myself and investigate further.

Also, checking the system logs in the Windows Event Viewer might shed some further light on the problem as to why your system is hanging when trying to open a gallery.