Topic: Embedding on blogger page from google drive, galleries aren't loading

For the past year I've been using google drive as a host for my galleries and embedding them to a blogger page using an iframe as recommended in the Juicebox embedding guide.

Here's an example of what I'm doing:

<iframe frameborder="0" height="550" scrolling="yes" src="https://drive.google.com/folders/ExampleFolder ID/index.html" width="700"></iframe>

It's worked fine for me so far, and I haven't changed any of the folder settings on google drive or any settings on the blog. Recently, the galleries won't load at all, or I get a "502. That’s an error. The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request. Please try again in 30 seconds. That’s all we know." message, or a  "Juicebox Error: config xml file not found." message. What's going on?

Re: Embedding on blogger page from google drive, galleries aren't loading

Update: just found out that Google Drive disabled hosting. Any feedback on alternative methods I can use?

Google Drive discontinued the ability to host web pages on 31 August 2016 and Dropbox will follow suit on 3 October 2016.
With this development, we have changed our Embedding in a Web Template Site instructions and now recommend the use of a regular web host (which provides web space that you can upload your gallery files to via FTP).

There are many web hosts that offer free web space which should be suitable for hosting a Juicebox gallery.
A Juicebox gallery does not require any special web server requirements (although PHP v5.2.0 or later is required for Password Protection and Direct Download functionality) so a free hosting account may be all that you need.
Please see the System Requirements for further details.
Try a web search with terms such as 'free web hosting' but please bear in mind that with a free hosting account, you will likely get little or no support, less reliability (more server down-time) and fewer features than with a paid account.

I hope this points you in the right direction.

Steven, Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately my only option right now is a free service. I am not very experienced with any of this and have been overwhelmed with information in trying to set up web hosting. Can you recommend any resources with step by step info, or an explanation of how web hosting works?

Web hosting is probably not as daunting to get to grips with as it first seems.

Once you're signed up for a hosting plan (whether free or otherwise), your web host will assign you some web space. Unless you have purchased your own domain name (from a domain name registrar), your web space will likely be a subdomain of the hosting company (e.g. http://your_name.web_host_name.com).

Next, you will need to set up an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) account. FTP is just a way to copy files from your computer to your web space (on your web host's server).
You should be able to do this via your web host's online control panel. (Your web host should be able to help you with this.)

Once you have an FTP account, you can log into your web space with an FTP program such as Filezilla (free) using the credentials supplied by your hosting company (host, username and password).
When you log in to your web space, you will likely find a folder named 'public_html'. This is the folder that you will upload files to for them to be publicly accessible on the internet.
Uploading a gallery folder from your computer to your web space is essentially just a single drag-and drop action within Filezilla's interface.

Details will vary slightly between hosts but these are the basics. Your web host should be able to fill in the blanks and help you out with any problems you encounter along the way. Of course, I'll be happy to help with any Juicebox-related issues so post back here if you get stuck.

Take a look at the links below for more information.
How to Choose a Web Host: http://www.wikihow.com/Choose-a-Web-Host
FTP: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-FTP

I hope this helps.

Hi Steven,

Thank you so much, this is very helpful and really clarifies the process for me. I appreciate your help.

You're welcome!