Topic: JuiceboxBuilderPro

Does Juicebox Builder Pro support ø characters. I get an error with a character ø in the name of a folder

Re: JuiceboxBuilderPro

I get an error with a character ø in the name of a folder

Are you referring to a folder that you are trying to save the gallery to (or a folder that a source image is in)?
What error are you getting?

You should be able to use the ø character in a gallery (although it might not be wise to do so).

As a test, I've just successfully created a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro v1.5.0 (on a Windows 10 PC) using an image with a ø character in its filename (from a folder with a ø character in its name) and saving the gallery to a new folder with a ø character in its name. The gallery is saved correctly, uploads to my web server correctly (via Filezilla), displays correctly and the the ø character also appears in the image caption correctly.

However, as image filenames and gallery folder names form parts of URLs when uploaded to a web server, it would be safer to use only web-safe characters. Please see section 2.3 of this document for details: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-2.3

Characters that are allowed in a URI but do not have a reserved purpose are called unreserved.  These include uppercase and lowercase letters, decimal digits, hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde.

You should have no problems (with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, your web server, FTP software or browsers) when using any or all of these unreserved characters.

I'd stick with web-safe characters for file and folder names and keep accented and special characters for image titles and captions.