1 (edited by Scott 2016-09-17 03:05:28)

Topic: Juicebox Error: Config file not found. [SOLVED]

I'm trying to learn Juicebox-Lite prior to purchasing the Pro version and then getting Showkase
If someone could help me with my below problem, it will be greatly appreciated.
The gallery previews as I would like it when I view it locally after the publish/save step
I have placed the Juicebox folder in the public_html folder on my website and uploaded w/Filezilla
to the sam folder
The code I embedded:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="/Juicebox/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
containerId : "juicebox-container",
galleryWidth: "100%",
galleryHeight: "100%",
backgroundColor: "#222222"
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

The page:
http://bakerracingpix.com/2016-clay-school.html

Thank you in advance for any and all help

Re: Juicebox Error: Config file not found. [SOLVED]

By default (using the regular embedding code), Juicebox will look for a file named 'config.xml' in the same directory as the page containing the gallery's embedding code. (Your gallery structure does not have a 'config.xml' file in this location.)

If you move or rename this file, then you can point towards it using a configUrl option in your embedding code.
When using a configUrl, all paths in the 'config.xml' file will still be relative to the embedding code page.

As you have uploaded an entire Juicebox gallery (your 'Juicebox' folder) to your web server, you can point towards this folder using a baseUrl option. Please see here for details.
When using a baseUrl, all paths in the 'config.xml' file will be relative to the baseUrl so there is no need to make any modifications to any gallery files.

Just change your gallery's embedding code to the following (add the baseUrl entry pointing towards the gallery folder) and all should be well.

<script src="/Juicebox/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
    new juicebox({
        baseUrl: "/Juicebox/",
        containerId: "juicebox-container",
        backgroundColor: "#222222"
    });
</script>

Short descriptions of configUrl and baseUrl can be found in the Embed Options section of the Config Options page.

Steven:
THANK YOU!!!
Now I'll play with this and then go the Pro edition and life will be good.

You're welcome!
I'm glad you've got it working.
Thank you for letting me know.

5 (edited by Scott 2016-09-20 02:54:28)

Now that I think I figured out how to do one page, I'm asking for opinions on the best way for me to proceed.
My site is pages of events and I'm wondering what the best way is to save the images, etc.
I renamed the first file I did ("Juicebox") to "Clay_School" where all the pertinent files, including images are saved (see below)
By doing this, I know that all the Clay School images are in one place. (I'm not sure I really need to do this)
Should I use this method for all the different pages or is there a more efficient (easier) way to do it?

<script src="/Clay_School/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
baseUrl: "/Clay_School/",
containerId: "juicebox-container",
backgroundColor: "rgba(0,0,0,1)"
});
</script>

Here is the page:
http://www.bakerracingpix.com/2016-clay-school.html

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

Should I use this method for all the different pages or is there a more efficient (easier) way to do it?

I guess it's a personal thing (organizing files on a web server) and there are certainly a number of different ways you could arrange things with the availability of the configUrl and baseUrl configuration options and the possibility of storing all your images in a single folder.

However, here's what I'd do.
I'd keep each gallery in a separate folder and embed the galleries using the baseUrl method (as you currently do for your 'Clay_School' gallery).
I find that this helps to keep things organized. You know exactly where all the files for each gallery are. There is no need to search through a single folder of images wondering which images are for which gallery.
Also, if you ever need to edit or update the gallery in the future, all you need to do is swap out the gallery folders (new for old).

I'd also have all galleries share a single instance of the 'jbcore' folder. Please see the Using an External jbcore Folder for details.
Basically, you'd just upload a single 'jbcore' folder for all your galleries to share.
For each gallery, you'd just point towards the shared 'jbcore' folder.
This has the advantage of being able to upgrade all the galleries on your web site at once (for example when a new version of Juicebox is released) by replacing just a single 'jbcore' folder on your server.
This means that the 'jbcore' folders in all your gallery folders are redundant. You can leave them in place if you want (they'll do no harm other than take up a bit of space) or delete them.

I hope this helps.

7 (edited by Scott 2016-09-21 00:08:26)

I guess it's a personal thing (organizing files on a web server) and there are certainly a number of different ways you could arrange things with the availability of the configUrl and baseUrl configuration options and the possibility of storing all your images in a single folder.

Your suggestion is right in line with what I was thinking and planning on using. It keeps everything well organized and easy to change/update.

Thank you for the timely responses with the answers & suggestions to my questions. Just one of the reasons I will be going to Juicebox Pro along with Showkase on Friday.

You're welcome!

If you use Showkase for your website and Juicebox galleries, then there will be no need to worry about any embedding code or file structure. Showkase will handle it all for you.

Don't forget that Showkase can be purchased as Showkase-Standard (which comes with Juicebox-Lite and SimpleViewer-Standard, the free versions) or Showkase-Pro (which comes with Juicebox-Pro and SimpleViewer-Pro). The only difference between Showkase-Standard and Showkase-Pro is the bundled viewers.

If you do purchase Showkase, be sure to check out the Getting Started guide here.