Topic: WordPress, NextGen - filename intermittently displays in JB Gallery

I have WordPress, NextGen and the WP-Juicebox Pro plug-in.
The image source is the NextGen Gallery. 
After generating the JB gallery, I check the display on-line.
Some of the photos have the Filename displaying under the photo in the location where the Title Text displays.
In the NextGen gallery where the thumbnails display, there is no data in the  Alt & Title Text box!
As I mentioned, only a few photos in a gallery may have this issue.

I am not a techie, but I asked my husband what he thought - he is a techie.  He showed me how I could edit the generated HTML file.  I'm wondering if it would be possible to provide a simple editor of the HTML file so fix these?

If there is any other information I can provide to help resolve this issue, please let me know.

Thanks!

Re: WordPress, NextGen - filename intermittently displays in JB Gallery

Some of the photos have the Filename displaying under the photo in the location where the Title Text displays.
In the NextGen gallery where the thumbnails display, there is no data in the  Alt & Title Text box!

Currently, WP-Juicebox defaults to using the image filename as the title if the NextGEN 'Alt & Title Text' field is empty.
This is a bug which will be fixed in the next version but until it is released, you can fix it by opening the 'wp-juicebox.php' file in a plain text editor and changing line 668 from:

$title = $attachment->filename;

... to:

$title = '';

Once you have made the change, simply 'Edit' and 'Update' the post containing the gallery or edit the gallery itself (via the 'Manage Galleries' page).

I am not a techie, but I asked my husband what he thought - he is a techie.  He showed me how I could edit the generated HTML file.  I'm wondering if it would be possible to provide a simple editor of the HTML file so fix these?

If you want to delete the titles manually, you will need to open the gallery's XML file in a plain text editor (such as Notepad++).
The XML file will be located in the 'wp-content/uploads/juicebox/' directory and will be named 'gallery_id.xml' (where 'gallery_id' is the numeric Gallery Id of the gallery in question.
Once the file has been opened in the editor, just delete the contents of the <title> tags, save and re-upload the file to its original location.